Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quick keeps crashing

[ Edited ]

On my Windows 10,  64 bits machine the Quik software keeps on crashing. It does not playback video and in not cappable to show photo's whitout crashing. Tried all tips I coud find. Start as administrator, Uninstall en Install again, etc. It keeps crashing. The machine does have all latest updates.

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Quick keeps crashing

@arthurs830 wrote:

On my Windows 10,  64 bits machine the Quik software keeps on crashing. It does not playback video and in not cappable to show photo's whitout crashing. Tried all tips I coud find. Start as administrator, Uninstall en Install again, etc. It keeps crashing. The machine does have all latest updates.

Hi Thanks for your help. It was a bit to experienced for me. I foudf (just in time) this advice, and it solved my problem:  

What’s the issue?

Quik for Desktop crashes or stops responding in Create Mode. This mostly occurs in computers running multiple graphics cards, and Quik for desktop is prioritizing the high performance NVIDIA or AMD card. *see example below

Where does it apply?
  • Quik for Desktop - Windows
How to fix it
We currently only have a resolution if you are using a setup with multiple graphics cards in a Windows machine. 

Please follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue in this instance:
  • Right click the Quik desktop icon.
  • Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)
  • Select Integrated graphics

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @arthurs830,

May I know the hardware or complete specification of your computer please? 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi graytree76514,

Thanks for responding.

Is this enough?

Naam van besturingssysteem      Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Versie    10.0.17134 Build 17134

Systeemtype      x64-based PC

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 MHz, 4 core('s), 8 logische processor(s)

Geïnstalleerd fysiek geheugen (RAM)     8,00 GB

Totaal fysiek geheugen  7,89 GB

Beschikbaar fysiek geheugen      2,90 GB

Totaal virtueel geheugen             9,14 GB

Beschikbaar virtueel geheugen  2,43 GB

Ruimte voor wisselbestand          1,25 GB

GoPro

Hi @arthurs830

Would you mind trying the steps listed on this link

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-for-Desktop-not-opening-on-Windows-10/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

@arthurs830 wrote:

Hi Thanks for your help. It was a bit to experienced for me. I foudf (just in time) this advice, and it solved my problem:  

What’s the issue?

Quik for Desktop crashes or stops responding in Create Mode. This mostly occurs in computers running multiple graphics cards, and Quik for desktop is prioritizing the high performance NVIDIA or AMD card. *see example below

Where does it apply?
  • Quik for Desktop - Windows
How to fix it
We currently only have a resolution if you are using a setup with multiple graphics cards in a Windows machine. 

Please follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue in this instance:
  • Right click the Quik desktop icon.
  • Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)
  • Select Integrated graphics