Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Quik keeps asking to log in. After login click on any button and again asks for login (SOLUTION)

[ New ]

Thank you Luke!

Four installations of old versions looks crazy - but it works.

I beilive it is example of unacceptable ignorance of GoPRo support - I see they are not not fixing this BUG is for YEARS!

Hey GoPro guys - are not you ashamed?

Sightseer

Re: Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login

[ New ]

**bleep** GoPro Support, useless !

Sightseer

Re: Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login

[ New ]

I will go for DJI because this issue, bye.

Explorer

[ New ]
And use what software?
Sightseer

[ New ]

This app is ridiculous. It keeps telling me to login in while pressing any button. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alanbb1999

Please go over these steps.

If using a Mac:

Click GO in finder and GO TO FOLDER
Then please type  /private/etc/hosts then press Go
Copy the host file on your Desktop. 
Click open the "host" file and put in 127.0.0.1 localhost at the location. Save the File, then put it BACK the same folder it will ask you to replace it.

Relaunch the app and go to the login screen and input your credentials. 

If using a Windows computer:

Open Quik for desktop
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
Go to the login screen and input your credentials. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have done this before. Even reinstalling it . It doesn't work
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for trying @alanbb1999

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist
Tourist

Re: Quik keeps asking to log in. After login click on any button and again asks for login (SOLUTION)

[ New ]

Great! This work! For devs who didnt fix this issue reserved special place in hell

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem here, it doesn't work for me.

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem here.

useless desktop app.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ausir

Please go over these steps.

If using a Mac:

Click GO in finder and GO TO FOLDER
Then please type  /private/etc/hosts then press Go
Copy the host file on your Desktop. 
Click open the "host" file and put in 127.0.0.1 localhost at the location. Save the File, then put it BACK the same folder it will ask you to replace it.

Relaunch the app and go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

If using a Windows computer:

Open Quik for desktop
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I found this thread beacase I have no help after google, I can't believe this probelm still appear after 2 years, I don't know why I need to login while I just want to local editing, it keep ask me login every action and I spend a few days still unable to start it. All the step in this thread before are totally useless, WTF reboot, firewall, and reinstall are bull**bleep**! I paid for a double price then insta360 is I think gopro has better quailty, and its completely wrong and this stupid bug made it very disappointed.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bluecreek1843

See if the steps shared on this thread will work on your end.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

I don't want to waste time to study anything to solve the problem since 2 years ago. I just feel very very very disappointed on the whatever hardware and software!

here are I fixed the issue

1. uninstall the quik

2. install version 2.0: https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.0.4203.exe

3. run and Login (very important)

4. run in app update to v2.3

5. download the latest vesrion v2.7 from website and run it and everything will be fine.

plus 6. I had uninstall it, because its useless for me, I thought it can edit .360 file like mobile app, but it is trash

Sightseer

[ New ]
thanks man! you're better than all the go-pro support staff)
Tourist

[ New ]

you are the king !

Sightseer

[ New ]

I can't it actually worked! Thank You!

Btw, I didnt take the first 4 steps and started right from version 2.1.x and on from there/

Thank you for help!

And yes, its 2020 and the problem is still there (Windows 10)

Sightseer

[ New ]

It is March of 2020, issue still exists.

Thanks support for copy-pasting the same totaly useless instruction.

Much bigger thanks to guys who revealed hack with installing older version!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Tx man.

What a **bleep**...

Sightseer

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

It's a shame!

Same problem.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ivani72612. If you have already gone through the suggested troubleshooting steps, and the issue remains, let our Support team know. This way, they will be able to help you with the next steps. You may ready them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is ridiculous, it's May 2020 and this issue still exists with the latest version, makes it totally useless.

It's so frustrating to keep typing my credentials in over and over, does GoPro really have QA process AT ALL?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @aa1568

Were you able to try the steps shared above?

You may also try the workaround shared on this thread by @venitha.

If it's still the same, let our Support Team check on this further.

Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Work for me.
bad way to fix the bug.

@lukey3 wrote:

I encounter this issue like all of you guys and found a thread resolving the problem.  Here's what I did.

1) uninstall quik v 2.7.x

2) Download version v2.0.0.4203 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.0.4203.exe

3) Launch quik and sign on (do not logout)

4) Download version v2.0.1.4320 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.1.4320.exe

5) Install v2.0.1.4320 and it will prompt to remove the old version, just follow the instructions.

6) Download version v.2.1.0.4643 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.1.0.4643.exe

7) Again, install it over the old version.

8) Launch Quik and on the top right of the application it will prompt you to update the application to version 2.3.x

9) Make sure you are still sign in, update quik as it suggests.

10) Launch Quik > Help > About > make sure it's 2.3.x

11) download and install the latest version (v2.7.0.945)

hope this works for you....I tried it twice and it worked.  I guess the old version saves the credentials somewhere locally and installing the new version over the old somehow resolves the problem of kept on asking login over and over when you navigate within the app.

Good luck.

Luke

Tourist

[ New ]

I did it. It worked well for a month and is now making trouble again.
What is this bad software ???? Full of problems!!!!

Hiker

[ New ]

I am waiting for many years when the software will be look ok but it is still bull **bleep** as before. Developers from gopro are really crooked. You can't fix quick for many years each time the same issue you can't click anything because the application asks login and password. The go pro cameras are still hanging picture when recording on September 2020 but you are trying to sell GoPro 9 in the future. STOP creating bugs, fix them before creating new camera versions.

Tourist

[ New ]

its 2020 November and they are still telling me to go to help etc be better

GoPro

[ New ]

@horsetoothedjac, please refer to my response to your other post.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Спасибо.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@chuban wrote:

Work for me.
bad way to fix the bug.

@lukey3 wrote:

I encounter this issue like all of you guys and found a thread resolving the problem.  Here's what I did.

1) uninstall quik v 2.7.x

2) Download version v2.0.0.4203 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.0.4203.exe

3) Launch quik and sign on (do not logout)

4) Download version v2.0.1.4320 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.1.4320.exe

5) Install v2.0.1.4320 and it will prompt to remove the old version, just follow the instructions.

6) Download version v.2.1.0.4643 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.1.0.4643.exe

7) Again, install it over the old version.

8) Launch Quik and on the top right of the application it will prompt you to update the application to version 2.3.x

9) Make sure you are still sign in, update quik as it suggests.

10) Launch Quik > Help > About > make sure it's 2.3.x

11) download and install the latest version (v2.7.0.945)

hope this works for you....I tried it twice and it worked.  I guess the old version saves the credentials somewhere locally and installing the new version over the old somehow resolves the problem of kept on asking login over and over when you navigate within the app.

Good luck.

Luke

Proved, this is the correct way to solve the bugging login issue. 

It's shame that gopro team didn't solve the program login issue for years. All the posts they replied "restart with default settings" do not work. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks. This solution worked for me.

So it's more than two years have passed, support team are you going to solve this bug?

Tourist

[ New ]

Tanks man

unbelievable that the problem is still not resolved, and that gopro itself has not found a solution