Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login.

[ New ]

I have Windows 10, Quick 2.5.1.462.  App Quick  keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login window.  I try to change password to same with Facebook, Try to login with Facebook, Try to create new account - it's all didn't help me to use application 'Quick'. What to do?

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login.

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Try resetting your wifi connection. These issues are often related to wifi and/or firewall issues, so working through those will be the first thing to tackle.

Anonymous

Re: Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login.

[ New ]

I changed connect from wi-fi to cable, disabled windows defender's firewall (before this i tried added app quick to a security exception in Windows firewall), but nothing changed, Quick keeps asking to log in again and again. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

In my system only one language pack, and I can't switch the Windows interface to English, unfortunately. I changed the formats and numbers in English, and the language of non-Unicode programs. It didn't help, I reinstalled after that Quick, he still keeps on asking to log in.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If you're still unable to log in, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be glad to troubleshoot this with you.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the exact same issue. My PC updated yesterday with the latest Windows 10 update and ever since I am unable to get past the login screen oc the PC App. 

Prior to the update the GoPro Quik App fo PC was working perfectly. I had used it the night before to render 3 files with the gauge overlayers with no problem at all.

I too have tried;

- turning off firewalls

- boht facebook and standard login

- updating my password

I firmly believe this is a systemic issue as a result of the latest WIN10 udpate.

Tourist

[ New ]

These were the updates record that occur on the day it stopped responding.

Updates 9JAN18.JPG
Anonymous

Re: Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login

[ New ]

i have the same problem on win10

after i login, if i touch any button or menu

my quik version 2.5.2.633

Tourist

Re: Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login

[ New ]

I have faced the same issue... Quick gives one click within the app and throws me back to the login page.

version 2.6.0.730

Win 10

Any solution?

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same issue. What is the solution?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @romanv15051

Are you able to log-in to your GoPro Account via gopro.com? Have you tried clearing your Internet browsers cache/cookies and trying again? If you continue having issues with Quik for desktop app, feel free to reach out to our Support team at the link here

Thanks, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Still have same issue at Quik 2.6.1.780 on Windows 10. Man Sad

Anonymous

[ New ]

Windows 10 (64), changed password, reinstalled latest Quick, tried Facebook and e-mail logins - nothing works: Quick keeps jumping to the login screen :-(

Any solusion?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous and @Anonymous, 

Thank you for trying out suggested steps as well as for making sure that you worked with the latest Quik for desktop version. The results you shared are valuable. We have already forwarded this matter to the team and we are awaiting updates at this time. Once available, we will post them here. Alternatively, you can get in touch with our Support team here for a more personalized support. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

same issue here, any news ?? please ??

Sightseer

[ New ]

Quick keeps asking to log in. After login gives click on any button and again goes to the login, any suggestions?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @omrisha,

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please let us know if that will work. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @jayr3438,

Tried it and it didn't work...

Any other options?

Thank you,

Omri

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @omrisha,

May I know what device are you using?

Can you provide the brand and model or the exact specs. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

@jayr3438

I'm using the Quik on my Leptop. it's an Asus UX310U, Core i7, 8th gen.

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @omrisha,

We will check it first.

We'll let you know. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

@jayr3438

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @omrisha

Can you sign in to your GoPro account on our website?

www.gopro.com   -- If you can sign in try it again on the app. 

If issue persist try this: press Windows key or icon on your keyboard together with letter R (Win + R)
Once the Run command / search appear - type in inetcpl.cpl
Click on delete > Delete and then restart your PC.

Please let me know. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @jayr3438,

Tried: win+R, then typed in inetcpl.cpl and then clicked Ok.

I got this screen:

What should I do next?

Explorer

[ New ]

@omrisha

Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Sightseer

[ New ]

@danielr15

Windows 10

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @omrisha

Sorry for any troubles caused. Kindly try these steps: 

1 Open Quik for desktop
2 While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
3 Select “Restart with default settings”
4 A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
5 Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
6 Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please try to perform the below options: 

1. Close Quik for desktop while the "Authenticating" message is appearing
  2. Disconnect the computer/laptop from Wi-fi or remove ethernet cable if one is connected to ensure there is no connection to the internet
  3. Open the Task Manager on the computer(Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and look for "Quik.exe" under the background processes.
  4. Right-click "Quik.exe" and select "End Task"
  5. Keep the internet connection disconnected and launch Quik for desktop. Confirm that it properly opens, then re-enable Wi-fi. 

You should be able to properly log in once they reconnect to the internet. 

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've same issue, why no solution so long time?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @bobw637

If you already have tried the recommended steps and the issue still persists, it would be bets to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. The issue maybe associated with particular settings on your computer so our Support team will need to gather computer system information and establish a path forward once details are gathered. You can connect with the team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Tried this one, but still nothing
Tourist

[ New ]
particular settings? plz..if you come to see Chinese GOPRO community..there thousands of them with same issues..they just have no where to get help,.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stanleyzheng

We are working on getting this login issue addressed.

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue. Windows 10.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same problem with my MAC, just go through the whole issue, cannot resolve it, HELP! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone!

We would appreciate if you can go through these steps: 

Kindly test if Quik works after each step.

1. Restart Quik for Desktop with default settings.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Uninstall/reinstall Quik for Desktop.
  4. Create a new gopro.com user account and attempt to reproduce the issue.
  5. Create new user account on local computer and attempt to reproduce the issue.

Also, please indicate if the main email address you have is associated to a GoPro Plus account.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

i want to contribute my way of solving this problem to here..this problem bother me and many chinese users for long time..i tried all the solutions from GOPRO hub and internet, i even change my system language to English..wont wrok..i accidently restore all LSP settings to be defualt Windows settings..and it works! i shared this to Chinese GoPro community and hundreds of Chinese users used have same problems solved..We chinese use this 360 TOTAL security software.(https://www.360.cn/) it optimizes your computer every peroid of time..this is where the problem came from..as long as we restore this LSP settings to be default..Quik works! 

微信截图_20181207032429.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Could you be more specific ? What is LSP settings? and How to change them?

能不能更详细一点

Explorer

[ New ]
Layered Service Provider (LSP) is a deprecated feature of the Microsoft Windows Winsock 2 Service Provider Interface (SPI). A Layered Service Provider is a DLL that uses Winsock APIs to attempt to insert itself into the TCP/IP protocol stack.

分层服务提供程序(LSP)是Microsoft Windows Winsock 2服务提供程序接口(SPI)的弃用功能。分层服务提供程序是一个DLL,它使用Winsock API尝试将自身插入TCP / IP协议堆栈。
Sightseer

[ New ]

Nothing works. GoPro !!!! Do something !!!! Absolutely annoying problem you can't solve for few months !!!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @spiryflame34557

Kindly reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps you have taken.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

All this situation is absolute f*ck up. How come that such a worldwide famous company cannot handle log in issue for so long time?! Fantastic!

Because of the login problem, your desktop application became useless!

Regards,

Valentin

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

Exactly same issue here, even tried to run in admin mode, no luck at all, windows 10 platform.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue with ver 2.7.0.495 on Windows 10

No error messages or any crash reports I could send to support just returns me to login screen after I click settings or any other button inside app

Sightseer

Re: Quik keeps asking to log in. After login click on any button and again asks for login (SOLUTION)

[ New ]

I encounter this issue like all of you guys and found a thread resolving the problem.  Here's what I did.

1) uninstall quik v 2.7.x

2) Download version v2.0.0.4203 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.0.4203.exe

3) Launch quik and sign on (do not logout)

4) Download version v2.0.1.4320 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.0.1.4320.exe

5) Install v2.0.1.4320 and it will prompt to remove the old version, just follow the instructions.

6) Download version v.2.1.0.4643 from https://software.gopro.com/PC/Quik-WinInstaller-2.1.0.4643.exe

7) Again, install it over the old version.

8) Launch Quik and on the top right of the application it will prompt you to update the application to version 2.3.x

9) Make sure you are still sign in, update quik as it suggests.

10) Launch Quik > Help > About > make sure it's 2.3.x

11) download and install the latest version (v2.7.0.945)

hope this works for you....I tried it twice and it worked.  I guess the old version saves the credentials somewhere locally and installing the new version over the old somehow resolves the problem of kept on asking login over and over when you navigate within the app.

Good luck.

Luke

Sightseer

Re: Quik keeps asking to log in. After login click on any button and again asks for login (SOLUTION)

[ New ]

It really works for me! Thanks a lot for your solution.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem here. 

Everytime i try to click "create" it turns out to log in again. 

It was the latest version of Gopro Quik

Need solutions, plz

Tourist

[ New ]

It works on my PC !!! tks a lot !!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thank you so much! That helped!
Sightseer

[ New ]

Any update . 

Tourist

[ New ]
Great! It worked perfectly for me.