Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Quick doesnt work

Hi! I installed gopro quick on my PC, but it doesnt work, i read a language change advise but i cant do it because my ssystem is SL (single language). What can i do to fix it? I also tried to start it as an administrator, it doesnt help

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quick doesnt work

@coolwave78481, the suggestions here might help: Quik for desktop Fails to Launch

By any chance, do you have multiple graphics cards installed on your computer? Please follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue in this instance:  

• Right-click the Quik desktop icon.  

• Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)

• Select Integrated graphics 

You may also try the following steps in addition to the suggestions above: 

1. Close Quik for desktop 
  2. Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E 
  3. Click the View tab at the top of this window and make sure the box next to "Show hidden files" is checked 
  4. Navigate to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local and delete the "GoPro" folder 
  5. Restart Quik for desktop and see if the issue persists 
Highlighted
Tourist

@aenriquez Thanks for your advise but unfortunately, this did not help, I have a laptop with one video card. I deleted the gopro folder in app data, but Quick still does not start. I run the shortcut and nothing else happens...

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same issue and went to Task Manager and found the GroPro is a processor and ram hog. I highlighted and ended task and was able to restart teh app.  After closing using the app and closing it, I went back into task manger to find it still had 1315 mb of ram running. I didnt notice the CPU or disk usage. For me, if i use it I will now always go into task manager  and kill the app. It appears it is pretty invasive from other posts.  Hope this helps.     

Highlighted
Tourist

@lakefever Quick on my laptop even doesnt start, in task manager there is no process assotiated with gopro qucik when i launch it

Highlighted
GoPro

@coolwave78481, just to verify, did you also try the suggestions indicated in the article Quik for desktop Fails to Launch? Did you get the same results under the new admin account?