Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: QUIK Is Erasing My Footage

Don't expect much help here folks.   Turn off auto delete is the main thing.  

Highlighted
Anonymous

Add me to the chorus.  I just lost once in a lifetime footage that got imported then autodeleted without being imported.  I now have to try to recover the footage, and I'm not sure that can happen.  I'm sick about this.  All this footage, gone.

Yes, I know to have autodelete off now.  But that's not the point!  Your software should not be deleting files that it did not import regardless of the autodelete option.

Highlighted
Tourist

Has anyone been successfull in recovering the delleted footage that Quik has erased?

I have tried several paid for products to no avail so far ...

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Only ONE software package recovers GoPro footage.

https://www.goprorecovery.co.uk

No other software that I've heard of consistantly recovers GoPro footage, as GoPros do not store video on SD cards in the same way as many other cameras.

Unfortunately, this software is Windows-only - so I had to spend two days working out how to install a Windows boot-camp on my MacBook Pro that has no CD drive, before successfully running the software and recovering my video.

Worth it, as I had valuable footage of a rare animal - but this permanently damaged my perception of GoPro as a brand.

GoPro's totally disinterested attitude and patronising, off-hand comments to anyone raising this issue since, have done more damage still.

I post every new comment regarding this to their Twitter channel and receive nothing remotely helpful in response.

Clearly, they've thrown some cash on a couple of software acquisitions that they have no intention of spending signficiant time or money developing further and bugfixing; which is bizarre, given they have plenty of cash and that establishing a solid platform is essential to the company's long-term profitability.

Highlighted
Tourist

Many thanks for the reply, I will give it a go.

Is this a product you are involved in commercially or are you just Joe Public like me?

If it works I think GoPro should purchase it & make it available to everyone with this problem free of charge!

Many thanks, will report back.

Highlighted
Hiker

Nope, I just spent a while researching and several people named this software as the only successful method for recovering video footage.

I messaged the developer afterwards to say thanks - I was so happy when I saw the sea-dragon again, that I thought I'd lost forever!

Highlighted
Tourist

Many thanks, its always better to get a review from a punter, manufacturers always say it works!

I cant wait to get home & try it & recover a whole days caoeing on the sea & caves of the east coast of Scotland.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Hiker

No worries, I hope it helps!

Just remember not to touch that SD card until then; every time you move data on/off, you're reducing the likelihood of successful data recovery.

I just don't understand why a company with so much money has so little interest in resolving a very basic bugfix, which is wiping the content their users are capturing.

It's rather a sad reflection of what can happen when a company becomes so large that it can afford to throw customers under the bus.