Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: QUIK Is Erasing My Footage

Same thing happened to me twice. Awesome.

Highlighted
Hiker

It's appalling that GoPro have no interest in fixing glaring errors in their software that are costing footage for their customers.

Unfortunately, this is something that can happen with companies that get so big; they can afford to get complacent.

It's clear that GoPro's Twitter feed is a bot; you never get any kind of proper response, just generic comments.

I've tweeter their head of software development - I'll let you know if he Tweets back.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yea I feel the same way.  No real corporate comments, no solutions, no "we are sorry for the inconvenience", no we are working on a fix....

Seems like Quik should be putting out an update with a fix.  I'm not holding my breath any more.

Highlighted
Tourist

ha ha....I just hit the "Report Inappropriate Content" on the side panel to see if I could get their attention!  I wrote:

Are you guys even awake?  Are you seeing all the unhappy customers and posts on these threads?  

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

We've investigated many of the reports of files being deleted by Quik without being imported. In many of these cases, the number of files shown at the start of the import reflects files that Quik can not import. These include corrupted files and non-GoPro files already on the SD card. There is not a fix to be implemented in these situations as these files are not importable to Quik.

If you are seeing this issue, please document it for us with specifics. I've posted this earlier, but a good test to run is to do the following:

1. Format the SD card so that it has a clean slate to work from.

2. Take a series of photos and/or videos. Ideally, these would be something sequential or identifiable so that any gaps are spotted. For example, take photos/videos of your hands as you count up with your fingers.

3. Connect the SD card to your computer using an SD card adapter.

4. Copy the files onto your computer in a folder other than where you normally import your GoPro content to (do not delete any files from the SD card). This will be your "control group" that you will compare the imported content to.

5. Reinsert the SD card into your camera and import the content from your camera to your computer using Quik. This will be the "experimental group".

6. Compare the contents of the control group folder and the experimental group folder. If there are differences, please let us know.

At a minimum, if you suspect that there is an issue, please uncheck the selection you made earlier to auto-delete the SD card contents after importing. You will still be able to delete the contents of the SD card after you confirm that the import was done correctly.

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft wrote:

We've investigated many of the reports of files being deleted by Quik without being imported. In many of these cases, the number of files shown at the start of the import reflects files that Quik can not import. These include corrupted files and non-GoPro files already on the SD card. There is not a fix to be implemented in these situations as these files are not importable to Quik.

If you are seeing this issue, please document it for us with specifics. I've posted this earlier, but a good test to run is to do the following:

1. Format the SD card so that it has a clean slate to work from.

2. Take a series of photos and/or videos. Ideally, these would be something sequential or identifiable so that any gaps are spotted. For example, take photos/videos of your hands as you count up with your fingers.

3. Connect the SD card to your computer using an SD card adapter.

4. Copy the files onto your computer in a folder other than where you normally import your GoPro content to (do not delete any files from the SD card). This will be your "control group" that you will compare the imported content to.

5. Reinsert the SD card into your camera and import the content from your camera to your computer using Quik. This will be the "experimental group".

6. Compare the contents of the control group folder and the experimental group folder. If there are differences, please let us know.

At a minimum, if you suspect that there is an issue, please uncheck the selection you made earlier to auto-delete the SD card contents after importing. You will still be able to delete the contents of the SD card after you confirm that the import was done correctly.

Thanks,
Jeff

Wow Jeff, you are completly wrong, I have just imported 2 seperate memory cards, each had been formatted prior and both had 12 seperate files on them, and both imported one file, and deleted the rest... it is inexcusable that you are saying there is no issue here with so many people complaining, i will do a repeat test now, untick the box but also copy the files to my laptop first and see what comes back. is there any logs you can capture... have you guys actually tested this yourselves?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - I'm not saying there's not an issue. I am saying that we've been unable to reproduce the error. Can you take some screen shots of your control and experimental folders so we can see what files did not import?

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

how can i do that when quik is deleting the files, also when i connect the SD card, i have no option to stop quik deleting once import is complete...