Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: QUIK Is Erasing My Footage

I wish you luck. I have never been able to retrieve mine.
Tourist

I had a lost dive too...

My solution involved buying third party software to recover the files from the micro SD card read through an external card reader. Then another third party software to repair the video files, convert the video files so I could import them to a video editor in order to splice them back together and remove the glitches. The quality was decent enough but not great. It also didn't recover some of the files so those are lost for good. I'm no longer using quik so havent had the problem since obviously.

The SD card is a SanDisk so I bought SanDisk RescuePro Deluxe (1 year subscription).

also downloaded Stellar Phoenix video/photo recovery Pro

Stellar Phoenix Video converter

I made my 'Dive' video and moved on never to touch gopro software again.

I import the files by transfere to folder and convert them for editing with Quicktime now.

I sort and view them all in Photos (mac)

Tourist

I am here just to say that at I am realy disipointed with GOPRO support. After so long time they did not solve problem. I was able to se videos on Quick but after some time I want to make movie all videos of my fishing trip are gone for good.

I tink if gopro support dont find some solution ( FREE recovery software) we people can yus boykot to by any more gopro camera.

Have 3 gopros and after this I am fraid to yse them.

Have BAD day mister SUPPORTER !

Sorry for my english ;)

@deajarl0027 wrote:

I had a lost dive too...

My solution involved buying third party software to recover the files from the micro SD card read through an external card reader. Then another third party software to repair the video files, convert the video files so I could import them to a video editor in order to splice them back together and remove the glitches. The quality was decent enough but not great. It also didn't recover some of the files so those are lost for good. I'm no longer using quik so havent had the problem since obviously.

The SD card is a SanDisk so I bought SanDisk RescuePro Deluxe (1 year subscription).

also downloaded Stellar Phoenix video/photo recovery Pro

Stellar Phoenix Video converter

I made my 'Dive' video and moved on never to touch gopro software again.

I import the files by transfere to folder and convert them for editing with Quicktime now.

I sort and view them all in Photos (mac)

Sightseer

I am also having this problem and lost so many memories from my trip. I am devistated. It is was deleted from my memory card.