Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: QUIK Is Erasing My Footage

I completely agree. Accept that there is an issue and try working with customers experiencing the issue so that it can be properly diagnosed. Now has happened to me 4 times. No longer using Quik to avoid the issue. This kind of issue should be escalated as high up in the organization as necessary to get attention. 

Highlighted
Tourist

screen shot attached, where is the settings?

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 21.37.16.png
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@grahamb17247 - With the camera plugged in and powered on, go to the camera's section of Quik for Desktop and click on the camera's settings button...

On the next window, deselect the second option box for "Automatically delete files from camera after importing" and then click Save.

You can do these steps with the SD card removed from your camera if you're concerned about the auto-delete happening while you are making these changes.

Jeff

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@mattr05781 - If you can show us specifically which files were on the SD card and which ones were not imported by Quik, that would help. 

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft wrote:

@mattr05781 - If you can show us specifically which files were on the SD card and which ones were not imported by Quik, that would help. 

Thanks,

Jeff

As said previously, when this happens, the first file is copied ok, the remaining files are deleted. I would suggest GOPRO go and do some testing, I would suggest an SD card with more than 10 files, shot from a continuous vide (I cannot seem to replicate on less than 10 files), tick the delete box as previously mentioned and then import the files directly from the SD card. I use a Macbook so this maybe related to the mac version, so that should also be part of the test. 

My tests seem to be fine when the delete box is unticked... so that is a workaround, but not a fix

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @jefft. Before testing, I installed the latest update (5/31), and formatted my microSD on the camera. I also deleted all previous import folders on my computer and changed the destination import folder. I also removed the Quick auto-start feature, so that I could copy over the files manually to a backup folder, before opening Quik and doing the import that way. Upon opening Quik and doing the import, all files imported correctly, however, the summary screen indicated that only 6 of 7 files imported. This is the same error I received before, but this time all files were imported. So something is still off. Going to continue copying files manually to be safe. I will keep testing let you know if I have a better example. Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 10.33.50 AM.png

Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft So I repeated the test, but this time took video over multiple days. Only one of the files imported successfully. I've included some screenshots of the files on the MicroSD card vs what was imported..

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 7.54.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 7.18.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 7.18.42 PM.png

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Thanks for doing that. It looks like you've posted the screenshot of the files on the SD card. Can you also post the screenshot of the files that ended up in your import folder?

Thanks,
Jeff