Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Pulling GPS data to use in a video editor

[ New ]
So im using my laptop to edit my videos in Premier Rush, and I want to incorporate the GPS data into the edit.
How do i do that ?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Pulling GPS data to use in a video editor

[ New ]

@eladdale, you can find more information about Quik for desktop here: GoPro legacy software

As far as I know, the Premiere Pro/Rush doesn't have the feature to pull the GPS data of the GoPro media files. You may also contact Adobe to find more details about this.

There's a discussion in this thread about user-shared telemetry resources that you can also check out.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi, @eladdale May we know what model of camera we are working on?

Hiker

[ New ]
Sure, it’s the Hero 8
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @eladdale,

You may use the Quik for Desktop app to display GPS data on the video given that the GPS is on on the camera prior to recording the video. Please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and newer models.

You may explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose like Race render and Dashware. Moreover, the GoPro Quik app also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device.

Thanks!
Kim 

Hiker

[ New ]
I couldnt find anywhere to download quik for desktop …
Hiker

[ New ]
Hey Kim @mikvolturi - thank you very much.
I cant seem to find anywhere to download Quik for desktop, could you maybe help me find it ?
And also - can’t I just pull that GPS data to use it in programs such as Premier Pro/Rush ?
I already have edits in Premiere that have taken me a long time to work on and I just want to paste that telemetry there …

Thanks for your help.
GoPro

[ New ]

@eladdale, you can find more information about Quik for desktop here: GoPro legacy software

As far as I know, the Premiere Pro/Rush doesn't have the feature to pull the GPS data of the GoPro media files. You may also contact Adobe to find more details about this.

There's a discussion in this thread about user-shared telemetry resources that you can also check out.