Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Problems with large video when importing GoPro Fusion Studio 1.2

I am really frustrated. I have a 40 min clip from my fusion. When I open it up in fusion studio (which constantly crashes, on multiple computers by the way, really annoying!) and make my settings, put it in the render section set to cineform it says I dont have enough memory on my drive, although I definetly have! I have set the Output folder right, but I still says that. Ok, I tried it on a different computer (both have the hardware to render, I have done it before) but it still insists that I dont have enough space on my C: drive, although I set the drive in the preferences to E:, which has enough. Did some restarting, installed the software new...Cannot figure out what the problem is...

This is all really buggering me, I use the fusion very frequently on different systems, iOS and Windows and often encounter problems with the software. Please do some bugfixing dear GoPro! This is such a dealbraker!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Problems with large video when importing GoPro Fusion Studio 1.2

Hello @rockyhero77885

Sorry for the delayed response. Your post was made under a different topic. Anyhow, let us help. What happens when you install the GoPro App to you iPhone? Are you using an iPhone that meets the system requirements for GoPro App to work? For compatibility information, you can check this article. Please make sure as well that you are downloading the correct app. Feel free to post back should you have any other questions or concerns. 

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @stoutridge7743

Depending on the video codec that you select or the length of the rendered video, the video may significantly be larger in size compared to the source file. It is odd though that the app does not recognize the available storage space on your computer. Would you know how much space you have left? If you will be able to test,  see if changing the export location to an external hard drive will allow you  to continue. In doing this, please make sure that hard drive is formatted correctly. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,

ok, I found the source of the problem: even though the output folder was on a drive with enough space, fusion studio needed some more space on the drive, where the original footage was. Once I moved the source footage to another drive with enough space, everything worked fine (except for the usual crashes while loading the previews...).

Thanks for your reply,

Hauke

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @stoutridge7743. Appreciate you posting back to share what resolved the issue (except for the usual crashes as you mentioned). By the way, a new version of the Fusion Studio App (version 1.3.0.400) was recently released (9/13/21018). Make sure you have the latest app installed. Best regards!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rockyhero77885

Sorry for the delayed response. Your post was made under a different topic. Anyhow, let us help. What happens when you install the GoPro App to you iPhone? Are you using an iPhone that meets the system requirements for GoPro App to work? For compatibility information, you can check this article. Please make sure as well that you are downloading the correct app. Feel free to post back should you have any other questions or concerns. 

Best regards, 

Marius