Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Problems with Quik App for Mac

Recentlny when i try to log in to the quik app for desktop i enter my email and password and press sign in it says authenticating but never goes to the next window it just stays on there. ive been able to log on to it before but lately i havent been able to. i have an apple mac. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Problems with Quik App for Mac

Hello @thevagabond. Make sure that you are able to login to your GoPro account through the GoPro App or gopro.com. Then try the following steps: 

1. While the "Authenticating" message is appearing, wait 15 seconds, then close Quik for desktop.
  2. If your computer is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, turn off the Wi-Fi connection, then re-enable. Connect your computer via Ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi, if possible.
  3. Reopen Quik for desktop and see if you can log in. On some occasions, the program will open immediately.

If the Internet connection is unstable or really slow, this can cause the Authenticating message to hang when logging in. Open a web browser, access any random website and see how fast it loads. If the page is loading slowly or not at all, the issue could be related to your network. If you still cannot log in, then follow the steps below.

After confirming a solid Internet connection, attempt to reset Quik for desktop by following the below steps:

1. ​Open Quik for desktop.
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window.
  3. Select "Restart with default settings."
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more.
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Should the issue persist, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with further troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @thevagabond. Make sure that you are able to login to your GoPro account through the GoPro App or gopro.com. Then try the following steps: 

1. While the "Authenticating" message is appearing, wait 15 seconds, then close Quik for desktop.
  2. If your computer is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, turn off the Wi-Fi connection, then re-enable. Connect your computer via Ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi, if possible.
  3. Reopen Quik for desktop and see if you can log in. On some occasions, the program will open immediately.

If the Internet connection is unstable or really slow, this can cause the Authenticating message to hang when logging in. Open a web browser, access any random website and see how fast it loads. If the page is loading slowly or not at all, the issue could be related to your network. If you still cannot log in, then follow the steps below.

After confirming a solid Internet connection, attempt to reset Quik for desktop by following the below steps:

1. ​Open Quik for desktop.
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window.
  3. Select "Restart with default settings."
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more.
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Should the issue persist, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with further troubleshooting.

Highlighted
Tourist

thank you for the detailed instructions but none of it worked. i noticed there are several other people having the same issue. i'll just see what they figure out of contact support. thanks for trying. 

Highlighted
Tourist

this soultion does not work, very frustating !

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @loyalvista35055

If you have gone through the steps shared above and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team.

You may contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej