Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Problems viewing videos on macbook

[ New ]

I recorded some footage with my Hero 7 which plays fine in my Win 10 PC. Then, I sent it to a friend who has a MacBook. She can't see them. I already tried the following:

1) Tried to convert the videos with Any Video Converter but some output options wouldn't work and other and poor quality

2) Asked my friend to install Quik for Mac on her PC. She did but the videos were choppy on view or edit mode. I then installed Quik for Windows on my PC and the same thing happened. Videos play fine on external players but are choppy on Quik. How is it possible that your own software can't play your own video format?

What else can I do?

Tourist

Re: Problems viewing videos on macbook

[ New ]

I can't seem to edit the post so here goes a little correction.

It should read "Then, I sent the videos to a friend".

GoPro

Re: Problems viewing videos on macbook

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @alerthero20340. How were the videos sent to your friend? Was it through a particular application or messaging tool? Does it matter which resolution settings were used for the videos when they were recorded? See if the videos may have been recorded using HEVC which requires a specific system to be played back. for more troubleshooting tips, see How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback.