Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Problem with thumbnails and create mode

Hi all

I hope you can help with this as its keeping from using Quik.

I am using a GoPro Hero 4 Black with Firmware 5.00

For some videos I miss thumbnals and for those they also dont appear correctly in "Create mode" in the Quik desktop app.

Any ideas as to the cause?Missing thumbnailsGoProQuik_Error2.PNG

I have tried to reinstall Quik with no positive result

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Problem with thumbnails and create mode

Hello @snowyoasis46167

Do the videos play at all? What resolution setting were the videos captured in? Do you get the same result in GoPro App?

See if the preview or thumbnail is black as well when accessed through the folder where the GoPro media are stored. You can follow the file paths below depending on the operating system that you are using on your computer: 

• Mac - /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro
  • Windows - C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @snowyoasis46167

Do the videos play at all? What resolution setting were the videos captured in? Do you get the same result in GoPro App?

See if the preview or thumbnail is black as well when accessed through the folder where the GoPro media are stored. You can follow the file paths below depending on the operating system that you are using on your computer: 

• Mac - /Users/<YourUserName>/Pictures/GoPro
  • Windows - C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi @mariustanya

Thanks for the quick reply.

They were captured in 2.7K - 50 FPS.

Yes, the videos play just fine - even in Quik. I have been able to play all vidoes and mark highlights to be used in create mode.

When I get back home, Ill check if thumbnail shows up in Windows Explorer - if it does not and thats the cause, how do I fix it?

Jonathan

Tourist

Hi @mariustanya

Just checked in Windows. I can see the thumbnails there...

What to do?

GoPro

Glad to hear back from you, @snowyoasis46167. Great to know that the videos play back. Safe to say then that the issue with the thumbnails is only with Quik. As you have already re-installed Quik, will you be able to confirm that you have version 2.6.2 on your computer? If not yet, please try checking how it is with this version. Also, if you are able to check thumbnails with GoPro App as well, it would be most helpful. I will report results back to the team when I hear back from you. Many thanks!

Tourist

@mariustanya

The Quik app version is 2.6.2.841. Thats the only software I can get for desktop.

GoPro

Thank you for the additional details, @!snowyoasis46167 . Do the thumbnails show the same in GoPro App for mobile? 

Sightseer

Also having this issue, any fix?

Thanks.