Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Previously imported videos gone from laptop

I had imported burst sequences and videos from my Hero 4 Black. I looked through them and output a few still images from a video sequence using the Quik Windows app. Since my memory card was filling up, I deleted the files from my GoPro, thinking they would be safe since I had imported them. When I start up the app now, only the burst sequences and still images remain. The videos are gone!

Am I missing some setting in Quik? Is there another folder where I can look? How can I ensure that this doesn't happen in the future?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Previously imported videos gone from laptop

Hello, @etjernst. Please see if your media in Quik may have been filtered to show only the burst sequences. Hover over on the upper right portion of the Quik window and make sure that the filter is either ALL or Videos. 

If this is not the case, see if the videos may have been incorrectly dated when imported to the app which could cause them to be under a different timeline. 

You may also search for the files through the default storage folder. The file path for Windows is C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Pictures\GoPro . Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

So when I select "view all," the videos do appear, but they are greyed out/marked as unavailable.

If I click on a video, say the one marked April 18, I get a notification that the media is not found. It is indeed showing the correct date, just as it did when I imported. I don't think the date is the issue.

Not there

When I go to the relevant folder, I only see the burst images from that date. No videos. They were there two days ago, so I really don't understand why they disappeared when I disconnected my GoPro.

Only burst images

The videos are not in any other date-folder either. This is why I find it such a mystery.

screenshot2.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional details that you provided, @etjernst. To verify, you do not see any of the videos when looking in GoPro under a different date, right? This is in reference to the file path in the photo you included. 

It is odd for those video files to suddenly go missing. When deleting a file, it would take three clicks for you to confirm so it could not also be a case of accidental deletion. 

Are you able to right-click on the grayed-out video thumbnails and go to Get Info or Show in Explorer?