Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Preview files of "GoPro Fusion Studio"

I have a question about preview files of "GoPro Fusion Studio".

I read this article:

How to Import Media into the GoPro Fusion Studio App
https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-import-media-into-fusion-studio

and import data following a section "MANUAL IMPORT VIA SD ADAPTER" in this page. "Generating Preview" is so slow, it took over one hour. I quitted "GoPro Fusion Studio", and then I started this app and I tried to import same data. "Generating Preview" is so slow... I think this app seems not to make cache data of preview. This issue is a big problem, isn't it? Does someone know how to solve this issue?

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Preview files of "GoPro Fusion Studio"

Hi @yukishimazu

Thank you for sharing the information. How much files do you have on each folder? It does take some time when there are a number of Fusion files to upload.

Can you try to import 2-3 files just to test if the program behaves differently?

Create another main folder.

Save GFRNT and GBACK folders.

Keep 2-3 Fusion files.  **make sure to save all files for each video file (ex. GPBK0087 | GPBK0087.THM | GPBK0087.LRV)

Then proceed with importing the files to Fusion Studio again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Here are my system information:

• Fusion Studio: 1.1.1.400 (a8721be4)
  • CPU: Core i5-5300U 2.30Ghz
  • Memory: 16GB
  • PC: ThinkPad X250
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @yukishimazu

Thank you for sharing the information. How much files do you have on each folder? It does take some time when there are a number of Fusion files to upload.

Can you try to import 2-3 files just to test if the program behaves differently?

Create another main folder.

Save GFRNT and GBACK folders.

Keep 2-3 Fusion files.  **make sure to save all files for each video file (ex. GPBK0087 | GPBK0087.THM | GPBK0087.LRV)

Then proceed with importing the files to Fusion Studio again.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @aragon1006

Thank you for replying to me.

In "100GFRNT" folder, there are 1,569 files, and in "100GBACK", there are 1780 files.

I understand that the number of files is too many :) However I'd like to use GoPro Fusion Studio as file viewer like "Adobe Lightroom" or "Catalyst Browse". For the usage of the app I write above, I want to make preview files of the app be cached, and I don't wait for generating preview files which was already generated before.

Best Regards,

Yuki

Highlighted
Hiker

<incorrect> I don't wait for generating preview files which was already generated before.

<correct>  I don't want to wait for generating preview files which was already generated before.

With the preview cache function, GoPro Fusion Studio must be more useful tool, isn't it?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @yukishimazu

What I normally do is create several main folders and segregate the files I want to render on a given time. This makes the generating time faster and avoids rendered files getting re-rendered.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @aragon1006

Now I'm using GoPro Fusion Studio v1.2 (1.2.0.400). In this version, I can see my file lists before generating preview files!! I think this change is so nice for me. Thank you for understanding my request :)

And I did separate several folders, and I tried importing each folder. And then, I understood this way make generating time faster as you said. However I think this way is a little bothersome. One movie is consisted of five files (GPBK0310.LRV, GPBK0310.MP4, GPBK0310.WAV, GPFR0310.LRV, GPFR0310.MP4), and two fileders (100GFRNT, 100GBACK). So I need to separete files so carefully, and accidentally I'm likely to lose important file :(

So I hope that I use GoPro Fusion Studio as file viewer like "Adobe Lightroom" or "Catalyst Browse" in future.

Best Regards,
Yuki