Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Please preserve Original EXIF Data after stitching

[ New ]

Hey Gopro Team.... I love your camera but....

please preserve in EXIF after stitching:

- Date / Time Original

- Create Date 

.... and perhaps all the other Metadata from the shots.

To be honest I'm not really interested in Date / Time I was stitching my images and videos, I love to sort by Date / Time I took the shot.

Please Please... preserve this data :-)

@All: Do you have some more suggestion for preserving important EXIF data?

Anonymous

Re: Please preserve Original EXIF Data after stitching

[ New ]

On a similar line, I reported the following bug earlier this week. The GPS data in the EXIG header for front camera images gets corrupted when passed through Fusion Studio and converted into an equireactular image. By corrupted, I mean the the decimal seconds part of the coordindates is removed which results in variable position shifts in the tens of metres. For me, this renders the GPS coordinate useless. I upgraded to the GoPro Fusion from a Nikon Key Mission 360 because of the integrated GPS!

I've just received a reply from GoPro support where they say "Regarding the accuracy, it's not something I am aware of, but we can make a note of it to see if that's something we can add in the future, but nothing that we currently have the ability to change. But I'll take note of it and hopefully this will be added in the future updates."

"Not something they have the ability to change" sounds like nonsense to me unless it's not their software.

The exact preservation of applicable camera data in the EXIF header is essential. This is a bug, not a feature request! Please, GoPro, do what you can to bring your software up to the same standard as the hardware!

/Warren

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @katebum and @Anonymous, 

Appreciate you sharing your observation. Your feedback is very important for us to improve our products. We have passed this along to the team in charge. We will keep you posted through this thread once we have updates. Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Had a look at latest Fusion Version.... still no change :-(

Hope this is not forgotten and just work in progress ;-)

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello !  I'm using the Fusion Studio app for macOS, 1.2.1.400, the GPS coordinates are not truncated, however the date of the PHOTO_ file is the date of the stitching, moreover, it lacks the MAGN exif tag (magnetometer) which tells where the North is. 

I'm using the gopro fusion to feed mapillary (an opendata google street view-like) so I really need the MAGN ! Smiley LOL

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @foggymesa51818

A Hub member as posted about extracting GPS and metadata on videos shot with Fusion. You might want to check this thread for discussion details. There is even a group that you can join in. I hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Marius