Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

PC not recognizing any Fusion files

[ New ]

All of my Fusion files (.JPG, .GPR, .LRV, .THM, .MP4) are unrecognized by my PC.

When trying to open an individual file, I receive messages such as 'It looks like we don't support this file format' or 'This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.' as can be seen in the attached 'Capture' file. The 'Details' view within a folder when browsing these files does not show a preview for .JPG files either.

Similairly, when attempting to 'Add Media' within the Fusion Studio v1.3, the 'Preparing Media' screen will show 100% on the progress bar before bringing me back to the home screen with the 'Browse Camera Media' and 'Add Media' options.

These photos and videos were take from 2018 - 2020 and not processed until now because I did not have a computer powerful enough to stitch the files together.

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Capture.PNG
GoPro

Re: PC not recognizing any Fusion files

[ New ]

@corbinite9000, as far as I know, media players won't be able to open .gpr, .lrv, and .thm files. Most computer media players support video file formats such as .mp4. The .jpg ones are picture files' format.

Please make sure that the steps on importing Fusion media files into Fusion Studio are followed accordingly. For further details, see How to Import Media into the GoPro Fusion Studio App.

Tourist

Re: PC not recognizing any Fusion files

[ New ]

Thank you for the reply. I believe the issue deals with the hard-drive encryption. I used the external drive on a computer that required the installation of an encryption program, so I believe I need to unistall or unrestrict that encryption program.

I greatly appreciate your help!