Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

OverCapture with Keyframe and Ease-in/out support in Fusion Studio?

[ Edited ]

Currently Fusion Studio only supports static OverCapture perspective- either little planet or fish-eye, with no option to track/pan/zoom. I've been working around this but rendering full 360 videos and then using other software to do this. Even the free b insta360 and Garmin VIRB desktop programs can do this with the 360 stitched video from Fusion Studio.

However, I would prefer to be able to do it all in Fusion Studio itself, and not have to render and then use a different 3rd party program for dynamic OverCapture.

Is there ever going to be Keyframe support in Fusion Studio to allow ease-in/out and perspective changes when rendering?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: OverCapture with Keyframe and Ease-in/out support in Fusion Studio?

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have any information about future enhancements, but will pass along your suggestion. In the meantime, other apps like Adobe Premiere may be able to do this for you.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Currently I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 for all 360 editing, including OverCapture keyframing. It is quite good at it and was only a one time payment of roughtly $50 on its frequent sales. For my edits, I really don't need Adobe Priemiere level pro software (or want to deal with the monthly fee). The one big drawback is that PowerDirector supports max 4K resolution and stereo audio only.

Fusion Studio 1.1 update is excellent. The Full Stabilizaiton and GoPro color tweaks are significant and putting GoPro as iindustry best. If it added keyframe support, I would be able to get full benefit of the 5.2K resolution and spatial audio when rendering 1080p HD overcapture clips. Hence my interest in this support.

Highlighted
Tourist

I would love to see these keyframes in Fusion Studio as well, or plugins for other edit software. 

I am currently have big troubles with keyframing Overcapture in premiere. 

The first clip is great. But when I add a second clip and add the reframe effect on it it seems to have the same keyframes than the first clip BUT there are no keyframes and all the changes I do do not have an impact on the second clip. 

I already upgraded windows from 8.1 to windows 10. I updated premiere pro from 2017 to 2018. I reinstalled the plugins and fusion studio several times. I also reinstalled premiere pro. It is always the same. I cannot keyframe a second clip like I want to. 

Do you have an idea?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Would also love to see some basic keyframing functions for Yaw-Pitch-Roll. We've been really impressed by the stabilization. Pretty **bleep** amazing. Just lacks a bit of manual control.