Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Only Windows 10 users get GoPro software. All others dropped

With a Hero4 Silver on Win7, there is no available software.  I understand Studio was dropped.  The GoPro Desktop app was apparently also dropped.  So we are left with nothing!

Threads on the subject are locked.  New ones cannot be created unless you pretend to be asking about Windows 10 Quik.  Guess that means this thread will be deleted.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Only Windows 10 users get GoPro software. All others dropped

Hi @megajump60012,

You can check this list of editing applications that work well with GoPro files as shared by a Hub member. 

There are also some software suggestions in this article that will help:https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Programs-to-View-and-Edit-Videos 

If you would like product or tutorial videos to better understand these other applications, I recommend searching online video hosting websites (such as Youtube, Vimeo, etc) for published videos or other 3rd party generated content.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Hiker

I don't need a video editor.

Highlighted
GoPro

@megajump60012, unfortunately, we are no longer able to provide installers of GoPro Studio and old versions of Quik for Desktop.

Highlighted
Hiker

It wasn't called Quik for Desktop.  It was "GoPro for Desktop."

If I can help clarify for other users who might waste an hour as I did researching, you "choose" to no longer provide installers for any software pre-Win10.

Your "unfortunately, we are no longer able" corporate-speak makes it sound like you wish you could, but physically cannot.  That is misleading.