Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

One step away to return my GoProMax - too many issues and poor quality:

[ New ]

1. Quick desktop app shows no files to import. Software was installed today from this site - Junk software!

2. Used SD card reader to copy/paste files -> Quick app is not able to convert 5k 360 videos to lower quality in order to be able to edit frames - My laptop has i7 GTX 960 GeForce and I cant play or edit 5k movies

3. Tried quick app on android and the stiching is really bad - Junk software!

4. Videos quality on 3k downloaded on phone to edit are very bad. Poor quality!

5. There is no way to Go from 5k to 1080. There is only 5k and 3k. Facebook or instagram does not support such resolution so why edit such big files?

I don't know if I should continue writing . I see only issues with this camera and also with the softare. Still, if there is anyone able to place some solutions for the few I mention, I will appreciate.

GoPro

Re: One step away to return my GoProMax - too many issues and poor quality:

[ New ]

Hi @costinangelescu

360 files are not compatible with Quik for desktop.

Also, please note that while some functions of cameras may work with Quik for desktop, we have not provided any updates to the program prior to HERO8 and therefore we are unable to determine what features will work, what won't, and what consistency you may get with HERO8 and newer models.

You may use the GoPro Player or other 3rd party apps. Check out Programs to View and Edit Videos

Regarding the mobile app, what phone are you using?

Do you have the latest version of the app?

Check out GoPro Quik: 360 Media Support

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello

Thank you for your interest.

1.Chipset of MI8: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)

CPU Octa-core Max 2.8Ghz - 6 GB of RAM enough space for storage 

2.The issue is new and it has been from the first installation. Only made two videos and both did not have stitching.

3. Camera was mounted on a pole so it would have the drone effect.

4.  I tried to edit with my laptop but it does not support 3-5k videos. I'm not able to use anything else but my phone and I'm very disappointed about the quality result and the bad stitching. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional information that you provided, @costinangelescu. We see that your phone meets the chipset requirement for 360 support in the Quik app. It is important to note though that there are other factors present on Android devices that can affect performance, even when recommended hardware requirements are met.