Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Not uploading to YouTube

After having no problems for a year of uploading my videos to YouTube with the Quik app, now it won't upload my videos. It shows up in the queue, but even after letting it "upload" over night, it's still loading- showing no progress!

GoPro

Re: Not uploading to YouTube

@fadsgopro, sorry to hear about the trouble. I just tested sharing a 17 seconds video to YouTube and it uploaded successfully. Are you sharing a raw/unedited clip? What's the video length and resolution used? Can you also provide us the share settings used?

Alternatively, you can manually upload the video to your YouTube channel. To access the folder where the file is saved, right-click on the clip and select "Show in Finder (Mac)" or "Show in Explorer (Windows)."

Tourist

The video is unedited, it's about 1:30 minutes long and the reslotution is 1920x1080 60 FPS. Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by the "share settings used".

GoPro

@fadsgopro, by share settings used, I want to know if you're sharing the clip in Public, Unlisted or Private. Do you experience the same problem when sharing other clips?

Additionally, you may attempt to reset the app by following these steps: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.  
Tourist

I am sharing it as a public video. For the last couple months, I have been having this problem with uploading videos. They all vary in length from 1:00- 2:30 minutes. But before now, I've never had a problem.

If I do those steps, will it clear the media that I have already uploaded to Quik?

GoPro

@fadsgopro, no, it will not delete the media in your Quik Media Library. The app will restart and you'll just have to re-login to the app.