Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Not Enough Space on hard Drive

Hello,

I just installed the GOPro Quick for my macbook and imported some files but somehow it only imported half the pictures and now it says I need more space on my harddrive. I have plenty of space left for the other pictures/videos.

How do I fix this error?

Kind regards,

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Not Enough Space on hard Drive

Does your Macbook have one drive or two? Also, your pictures folder may have a size limit.

Try creating a new folder on your storage drive. Go into preferences in Quik and choose the new folder as the import location.
Highlighted
Hiker

I got the same exact message. I have 135GB on my Mac and only about 30GB on the SD card. This is frustrating. I've created new media folder and try again and it's the same error.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @hardycreek135

Have you assigned the new folder that you created as the import location for your Quik files? Please verify if this preference is saved on you Quik app. You can use the instructions detailed here as guide. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

I had the same issue as the OP. Over 100GB free on my Mac, only about 32GB of videos on the SD card I'm trying to import from. I get the "Need. More. Space." message whenever I insert my SD card to import videos. Everything worked fine yesterday.

I haven't found a single answer on this forum which explains how to properly fix this. Even changing the import location to a newly created folder at /User_name/ did nothing, as did multiple restarts of my Mac. But, I did figure out a workaround:

1) Create a folder on your Mac where you'd like the videos to be stored. You may wish to make a sub-folder with today's date.

2) Using Finder, copy all the files from /DCIM/ on your SD card to this folder. 

3) Open Quik, click "+ Add Media", and add your folder location

4) Videos may not show up immediately. If not, click Settings | General. You should see a listing of "media folders" with "scan" beside each. Click Scan and Quick will scan your folders, and index any media it finds in your media library.

My details:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

OS 10.13.5 (17F77)

Quik 2.6.2.770

@mariustanya, I sure hope Gopro can fix this. I see forum posts back to 2016 on this. Seems like this issue should have been patched long ago.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @swiftoasis38360. Appreciate you sharing what worked for you. Along with recommended troubleshooting steps, we also report this issue to the team in charge. Previously-reported cases were probably related to older versions of Quik for desktop so resolutions could have also been found. Obviously though, the resolution seems to not be effective for all. We will continue to watch out for updates regarding this matter so we can have them shared to, and verified by users as well. Best regards!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm still having the same issue.  I have a 2018 macpro 1tb model.  I have 278GB of storage left and only about 30GB to import and it keeps saying not enough space...Frustrating.  Please give us a fix.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @stevens633,

Please contact our customer support team via phone or chat. 

They might be able to provide a solution or create a support ticket. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay