Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: No windows editing software for GoPro MAX? Serious??!?

Relying on 3. party software when releasing your own hardware, Wow... This is like the worst decision in the history of bad decisions.
On top of it all, you invite me to a survey on this hub. It must have been too bad or too honest, because when I finished it, it came up with an error, and did not submit my answers. Heh funny
Highlighted
Hiker

Attention windows users:

If you are planning on buying a GoPro MAX you need to know this before you buy:

-There is NO 360 editing software available from GoPro for the windows platform. GoPro rely on third party software for windows users for now. Since the release of the MAX they claim they have been working very hard to be able to release the GoPro Player for windows. I personally doubt it, its already been 5 months since the release of the MAX and still no GoPro Player for windows. My guess is that the GoPro Player for windows release date will be closer to a GoPro MAX 2 release than the GoPro MAX release date...

-The GoPro Exporter (wich is actually available for windows) can only export in 4k in playable windows formats (h.264 and HVEC) and only 5.6k in CineForm (.mov) No player available to windows user.

-GoPros only offer to windows users is their own discontinued GoPro VR Player to play 360 videos on windows (no editing) and then sit down and wait for them to finish The GoPro Player for windows. This VR Player can of course only play 4k exported videos not the 5.6k CineForm videos.

-If you are a windows user who bought the GoPro MAX already, my advice is, hurry up and get your money back if possible. Otherwise youre stuck with an overpriced paperweight until they release the GoPro Player for windows. Or you could edit your 360 videos on your mobile device.

-GoPro only refund purchaces done via GoPro.com within 14 days.

Please correct me if im wrong so I do not spread misinformation.

PS. I personally have a GoPro MAX for sale if anyone is interested. I have never felt so scr**** in my entire life.

/Rasmus

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I have been in your same situation since December and I am very embittered, I have tried various editing software including insta 360, magix and da vinci but everyone, some more and less have problems of export, editing and final production.
Some short videos I managed to edit from the app for android (Huawei P30 PRO) but some longer videos the app freezes at 99% of the export, I then tried with an ipad mini 5 and editing is impossible, everything goes to shots.
Android app: unripe
IOS app: unripe
Windows program: non-existent
MacOS only? F U C K GoPro

Sorry for my english, i'm italian.

Highlighted
Hiker

@loyalstorm82168 wrote:

I have been in your same situation since December and I am very embittered, I have tried various editing software including insta 360, magix and da vinci but everyone, some more and less have problems of export, editing and final production.
Some short videos I managed to edit from the app for android (Huawei P30 PRO) but some longer videos the app freezes at 99% of the export, I then tried with an ipad mini 5 and editing is impossible, everything goes to shots.
Android app: unripe
IOS app: unripe
Windows program: non-existent
MacOS only? F U C K GoPro

Sorry for my english, i'm italian.

Wow, sad...

GoPro. Be a hero.

More like

GoPro. Be a GOOFBALL.