Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

No windows editing software for GoPro MAX? Serious??!?

Bought the MAX, sweet...

Recorded a bunch of movies, looking forward to edit the 360 videos on my windows laptop.

But NO editing software for windows available? Only Apple crap? How the **** can this be true?

Read the other posts about this, and all the yadayada about windows etc.

Then wait with the release of the camera until you have the software available. There is no excuse for this.

Is it possible to get a full refund, I cant use this camera until editing software for windows is available.

If not, can you provide me with a Premiere license until the release of your own software?

Any other suggestions?

/Rasmus

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: No windows editing software for GoPro MAX? Serious??!?

Hello @loyalmesa23238. GoPro Player for Windows is currently in development. We are still awaiting updates from the team. You may want to explore programs that can be used to view and edit your 360 footage from the MAX. A user shares about it here

If you have a compatible mobile device, you can use the GoPro app to render/edit your 360 media. The steps will guide you through reframing with the app. 

Highlighted
Hiker

You dont need an update from them. You need a release date for your software.
So far I used way to much money on an almost useless brick.
I dont want to edit on a mobile device, how about making it possible to edit the videos on the device that is available to 99% of your customers instead. Hint: Windows?
Im actually serious about the refund, as it is mostly useless to me without Windows editing possible. Where can I get it?

/Rasmus
Highlighted
GoPro

It will depend on where you bought the camera. If you purchased it directly from GoPro, our Support team will be able to process a refund for you. To proceed, you can visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Highlighted
Hiker

"It will depend on where you bought the camera. If you purchased it directly from GoPro..."

I didnt...

Then what do I do? Its a little too late for me to find out that your software development is a year behind your harware development...

Will you still make a refund?

/Rasmus

Highlighted
GoPro

We are only able to refund products purchased directly from GoPro.com and within 30 days of receiving your order. 

Highlighted
Hiker

So what you are telling me is that im stuck with a useless expensive piece of hardware I just bought? Gee Thanks.

I own a fair share of GoPro products. And support has been downhill from the first Hero I bought. And the MAX will be the absolutely last I will ever buy with the GoPro brand on it if the Windows GoPro Player is in development much longer. It has been 5 months already since the GoPro Max was released. Is it going to take another 5 months or what? Any estimate on the release date?

A product is never better than the support you get on it.

From the GoPro MAX exporter support page:

"GoPro VR Player
GoPro VR Player is a great option for viewing 360 video and photos while we continue to develop GoPro Player on Windows.

Download GoPro VR Player for Windows 10(64-bit)"

Hey, but at least you are letting MAX buyers use a piece of discontinued software until your GoPro player is ready. Thumbs down for that.

That way we are actually able to view the videos we record on our pc's in 4k. But hey, who wants 5.6k anyways...

/Rasmus

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @loyalmesa23238

You may use 3rd party applications for editing your converted .360 files.

You can also edit 360 files via the GoPro App. See 360 Media Support in the GoPro App for reference.

We hear your concerns and can assure you that we're working continuously on of all our products and applications.. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks!

Ej