Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

No Windows 7 Support

Bought the Hero5 Back, I have a small ecotour business so I wanted to record AND edit content for my social media accounts and web page, that why I bought the GoPro - software and camera all in one.

After the 30 minutes of installing GoPro Studio, GoPro Quik etc I was still unable to import any of my mp4 media to either editing platform.  The Studio just crashes and shuts down, and the Quik just spins and spins and says that there is no media in the folder.

Just ended a chat session with Angel at GoPro and this was the answere I got.  "We did an update last year and they are still working on a bug."  Next answere, "You need to buy Adobe Premium to edit."  

Why do I need to buy extra editing software if I was just told (on the box) that my new GoPro comes "complete with downloadable video editig software."

My final question was "so are you saying that the $300 camera I bought to recaord AND edit my content is nor possible without a third party software purchase?"

The response was "That is correct."

My response "very good, thank you for your time, i will be boxing it up to return tomorrow."

GoPro Response, "Glad we could help, good luck!"

Wow.  

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: No Windows 7 Support

Hello @captaind538

Definitely not the experience we would like you to have with your purchase. I agree that you do not have to buy a software to be able to edit your GoPro media. The recent update for Quik for Desktop already integrates the past features though it works only with 64 bit Windows 10 in desktop mode. If your computer does not meet the requirements for the app to run, you can still do the main functions of Quik, only differently. To save your GoPro files to your computer, you can do so manually using an SD card adapter. For editing, you can download the free software VSDC for Windows (link for download: http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download). Alternatively, you can also download your files easily using the GoPro App for Mobile, and do quick edits using Quik for Mobile. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: No Windows 7 Support

Hello @captaind538

Definitely not the experience we would like you to have with your purchase. I agree that you do not have to buy a software to be able to edit your GoPro media. The recent update for Quik for Desktop already integrates the past features though it works only with 64 bit Windows 10 in desktop mode. If your computer does not meet the requirements for the app to run, you can still do the main functions of Quik, only differently. To save your GoPro files to your computer, you can do so manually using an SD card adapter. For editing, you can download the free software VSDC for Windows (link for download: http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download). Alternatively, you can also download your files easily using the GoPro App for Mobile, and do quick edits using Quik for Mobile. 

Thanks, 
Marius