Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

No Sound on some Plus uploads

Why do some of my uploads in Plus have no sound?  Originals in my desktop app are fine. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: No Sound on some Plus uploads

Hi @lanternl

Was this a recent upload?

Or was it playing fine before then this happened?

I just did a test upload to my GoPro Plus account and it plays just fine.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, recent.  Some have sound, some don't.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @lanternl

Is there any particular resolution setting affected by the no sound issue? How are you playing back your cloud content? Is the effect the same when you access your cloud media through a computer or a mobile device? Try downloading your media and see if it plays back with audio using other media players. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Sound in the Quik Windows 10 Desktop app works fine,  I just uploaded 8 clips, all same settings and 3 of them have no sound in the Plus cloud.  Tested a download to local media and still no sound.  Is there a way to re-upload a clip to the Plus cloud?

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional details you provided, @lanternl. To verify, our main concern is that a recording that plays well in Quik (video with audio) does not play with audio once uploaded to the cloud, even when downloaded to a device.  There is no way to re-upload media to the GoPro Plus cloud. I did a random check on the media that I have on my GoPro Plus account but I have not encountered one that fits the case.  I will bring this observation to the team in charge to see if there is any issue with the cloud uploads. I will keep you posted. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you. By the way this is only now happening with my new Hero7. My Hero5 works fine. Also, Quik does not see the SD card when Hero7 is connected to Quik. I’ve been loading from the sf card directly.
Highlighted
GoPro

Are you, by any chance, using a MAC computer running on Mojave OS?