Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

No Disk in the drive

I have the GoPro App for Desktop running on Windows 10.

My media folder and import folder are the same, i.e. ~user\Pictures\GoPro.

Whenever I start the GoPro app for Desktop it throws a pop up saying;

GoProMediaService.exe - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:.

While I do have an E:\ drive (SD Card slot), I don't have it listed as a potential media or import location on the app.

No matter if I click "Cancel" "Try Again" or "Continue" on the pop up, it simplty refreshes itsef in the centre of the screen. How do I get rid of this message and prevent it coming back?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: No Disk in the drive

I tried that seversl times and even used cc cleaner to tidy up the registry after. All to no effect.

However! After uninstalling the app and clearing out some hidderfolders in ~/username/AppData then re-installing the app, it all worked.

Not sure if this is something GoPro can improve on? Perhaps the uninstalled clearing out AppData as well? I'm not to versed in Windows to know if that is possible.

Thanks all.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear that is happening to you! Let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the program again through the GoPro website. The link to install the program is below: 

http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-app-%7C-desktop/GoPro-Desktop-App.html#/start=1

Let us know how that turns out!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried that seversl times and even used cc cleaner to tidy up the registry after. All to no effect.

However! After uninstalling the app and clearing out some hidderfolders in ~/username/AppData then re-installing the app, it all worked.

Not sure if this is something GoPro can improve on? Perhaps the uninstalled clearing out AppData as well? I'm not to versed in Windows to know if that is possible.

Thanks all.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thanks for letting us know! We do have users delete the AppSettings file sometimes to resolve problems. Looks like that's what did the trick for you this time. 

I'm glad it's working for you now!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have exact the same problem !

Where is this file AppSettings located ?

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous, 

The AppSettings file is a hidden file in your computer. It's located at C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\GoPro and the AppSettings file will be in the GoPro folder at that location. Since it is a hidden file, you'll have to choose to be able to see it, and the instructions for how to do so vary by computer. 

For Windows 7

1. To show hidden files just click on the Organize button in any folder, and then select "Folder and Search Options" from the menu. This will open the Folder Options window. 

2. Then, click on the View tab at the top of the window. 

3. In Advanced Settings, locate "Hidden files and folders." Select Show hidden files and folders.

For Windows 8 and Windows 10

1. From Control Panel type "folder" into the search bar and select Show hidden files and folders. This will open the Folder Options window. 

2. Then, click on the View tab at the top of the window.

3. In Advanced Settings, locate "Hidden files and folders." Select Show hidden files and folders. 

So basically you have to select to be able to see the hidden folders, and then you can navigate to that GoPro folder at the location above to find the AppSettings file. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have gopro session 5 with latest firmware. Deleted folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GoPro, reinstalled quick. Still experiencing same error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert...".

What could be possible solution ?

explorer_2016-12-13_19-37-08.png
Highlighted
Anonymous

Still playing around camera and pc Quik connection. Noticed that i get this error also when GoPro is not connected to PC. Just by launching Quick it gives error

Quik_2016-12-14_21-24-46.png