Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

My Gopro says "No files to Import" when there is.

I have a Gopro Hero and whenever I take a video on my Gopro then go to look at it on my laptop, it says "No files to import". I know for sure that the camera is connected to the laptop correctly and my laptop is reading it. How can I view my videos?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: My Gopro says "No files to Import" when there is.

Same here. Has been working until now. The only way I can get them in, is to MANUALLY select the folder. But then the files aren't copied but rather just referenced directly from the card, which obviously is a really stupid and dangerous thing to be doing! WTF?

The only thing that has recently changed is that this machine has macOS Sierra installed on it. But either way, how can there NOT be a normal import option to somehow do a forced import?? If I use ⌘I it still says "No files imported".

Why does everyone have to come up with thier own "clever" way of doing things??! ALWAYS the least user-friendly way to go and clearly always prone to senseless hiccups like this! So totally stupid.

And no, I have NOT changed any names or folder structures!

GP Import.png

Highlighted
Explorer

@robk6134

The GoPro Desktop app wont import .LVR files.  These are small compressed files that are used for playback on a handheld device like a smartphone.  The files you are looking for are .mp4

Highlighted
Explorer

@Anonymous

If you can view the files on the SD card, copy them to your computer into the folder that you have designated in the GoPro desktop app.

If the app is having problems connecting to your camera,

Start the GoPro desktop app prior to plugging in your camera.  Turn on your camera and then plug it into your computer.  The USB symbol should display on your camera.

If this doesn't work

Try using a USB adaptor or microSD/SD adaptor.  Start the GoPro Desktop app, give it a minute to fully load and then insert the SD card using an adaptor.  

The files you want are .mp4 NOT .LVR

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Dude… thanks, but I'm not an idiot. All the 18GB of mp4s are below that. Those are just the LVRs from a timelapse that happen to be at the top.

And how exactly — after seeing the screenshot — could you think that I am unable to connect to the camera, when it is clearly connected?? (or rather it's the SD directly)

Anyone else? GoPro themselves maybe?? Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Explorer

@robk6134

My comment regarding connecting the camera was not directed to you but to @Anonymous. I guess you just weren't paying attention.  I'm not trying to imply that you are an idiot, but you posted the screenshot with files that do not get imported by the app.

Perhaps you should contact GoPro Support directly https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus as you posted to the community hub and clearly are not looking for an answer from the community.

Regards,

Daniel

Highlighted
Tourist

Better?

Further down

And since when does GoPro not tend to their own support forum? lol

Sure seemed to work for this guy… http://bit.ly/2a9n5hd … weird.

Highlighted
Explorer

@robk6134

Other than you coming across as a snotty, sarcastic, temperamental brat, yes.  Yes, it does help. 

I'm glad to see that you know how to search the forums.  I suggest you continue to do so, as well as internet searches.  Perhaps you will find your answer.  Or you can continue to rant and be dismissive.  Your choice.  Good luck to you.