Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Make single GoPro Fusion mp4 split / chapter files readable for Fusion Studio

[ New ]

Hey guys,

On my trip in the US this year I ran out of disk space and started to delete mp4 split files I don't need - for instance: I kept 7 min of an whole hour (like 1 file out of 10 for front and back). My problem: when those files are not the first mp4 container but the second, third, ... or last, then GoPro Fusion Studio won't read the split files unfortunately.

How can I edit the file chapters to make them readable for Fusion Studio again?

Ist there any third party software which might help here?

The GoPro customer service US and Germany told me that I cannot open a mp4 file without the THM-file. Therefore they cannot help me at all. But this information appears to be just wrong. I can open my files without those lrv / thm files. Also, there's no need for seperate folders (front / back) in order to make the files readable for Fusion Studio.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks,

Marco

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Make single GoPro Fusion mp4 split / chapter files readable for Fusion Studio

[ New ]

SOLUTION FOUND!

If you only have single chapter files left of the whole clip you need to go into the preferences (under Edit) and check 'Import chapters as separate videos'. Now you're able to import / export single  <7min split / chapter files! 

Why doesn't GoPro tell me such a workaround exists? Frustrating. I've been struggeling with the files for almost a year now.

Cheers

Marco

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Make single GoPro Fusion mp4 split / chapter files readable for Fusion Studio

[ New ]

Hello @mrank

Sorry for any trouble caused.

The chaptered Fusion files should still be read by Fusion Studio.

However if there are missing chapters Fusion Studio will not be able to read the video file.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

Yikes, I know exactly what you are trying to do and I would like to know also.

Right now I'd suggest doing small clips with the fusion, but I like to do what you do and record for hours (I've done this while snowmobiling with other go pros).

Guess we'll have to remind ourselves to stop and start a new video so then it's a little easier to cut out stuff. Unless they add that feature.

Tourist

[ New ]

There has to be a solution somehow. I can't belief that there's no possibility of reseting the metadata of the single chapter / split files...

Tourist

[ New ]

SOLUTION FOUND!

If you only have single chapter files left of the whole clip you need to go into the preferences (under Edit) and check 'Import chapters as separate videos'. Now you're able to import / export single  <7min split / chapter files! 

Why doesn't GoPro tell me such a workaround exists? Frustrating. I've been struggeling with the files for almost a year now.

Cheers

Marco