Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Mac OS CATALINA with QUIK APP is WORK... Follow this Instructions

Hello @kacijola. Try using a different USB port on your MAC. Particularly, see if there is an option to connect to a USB 2.0 port. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I have tried both USB ports. Same result

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem using both Hero5 and Hero8 on Catalina. However, I cannot complete the fix. Gopro Quik doesn't appear in my security settings, in either Photos or Full Disk Access. I have uninstalled and reinstalled quik, rebooted, formatted the card in the camera, everything off/on at least once... Any suggestions of what to do here please? 

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 6.26.28 PM.png

Highlighted
Tourist

I too am having the same problem as @sweetbeach28786 ... I have a HERO BLACK 5, I have no option for quik in my security settings. 

I literally just got a mac to help speed up the process of editing, importing and exporting all the go pro videos I make. Not to mention I can't get Go Pro Studio on this Mac. (Thanks Catalina) And yes I know I am old school and use Go Pro Studio but I love it! It's straight forward and simple. Just the way I like and it works for me. 

So a week into my new mac and I've wasted more time trying to fix issues then I've ever had. Clearly this a problem with QUIK and Macs. 

And the fact that some of you think the "workaround" in this thread is "ok" is baffaling to me. This is GARBAGE!!! It's 2020 and we have 30 minute workaround just to import our pics and videos into Quik?!? Are you kidding me!!

Someone needs to fix this ASAP! So for everyone who clicks on this thread and thinks this is a solution, sorry it's not. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @joeyb4417

Have you tried using an SD card adapter?

If you continue to get the same after trying the suggested steps, please reach out to our Support Team.

You may also reach them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 .. Of course. That’s how I normally import my videos is through a card reader. I’ve literally tried everything. I’ve been through numerous threads on this issue and it’s just frustrating.. There shouldn’t be a slew of “steps” to go through to import videos. It should be insert SD card and click import files. This should be a very minuscule task and go pro needs to fix it.
Highlighted
Nomad

Can you provide your Mac Computer details such as Macbook Pto 15" 2016, or maybe iMac 2018 and so on also can you show what version of MAC OS is running on your Mac and maybe the video card is a integrate Intel video or a separate video card like Radeon Pro, also what other security apps like little snitch is preventing your system to see the QUIK APP.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you. It was very helpful. In my case, there was no item for full disk access. Instead, I was able to recognize the camera by checking the Gopro quick removable disk that was in the files and folders.