Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Mac OS CATALINA with QUIK APP is WORK... Follow this Instructions

Anytime @spiryjump70838 I'm so glad that work out for you, me too I spend 2.5 hours with an overseas Tech Support and nothing they E-Mail me a UPS Label for me to send my HERO 8 back for RMA... This is a complete BS, I end up finding my own solution by reading and researching in this forum and on the WEB most people complaining without trying this steps.
Highlighted
Hiker

Well this is did work for a lot of people, me included.

Changing camera would not work in my opion when the software is broke, its a quik issue.

GP need to get finger out on this issue its been dragging on too long now.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

For those MAC Users running tha latest version of mac OS Catalina, just follow the picture in here and it will WORK is a Temporary Fix at least the QUIK App detects your GoPro camera and also your Micro SD Card and also allow you to download all your media. 

It will SAVE you spending your time with GoPro Supports and No Solution.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks a lot for tutorial how to fix the problem, but this methot does not fix the problem on my Mac. It stays the same as before.

Quik sees my Gopro 5 Session, but there was nothing to download and there was not card capacity showed either.

Have followed your photo instructions but no result in foxing the problem.

Any other solution?

Highlighted
Nomad

Did you upadate your HERO 5 firmware, the solution here, are a temporary work for HERO 8 Camera  with MacOs Catalina.

Try to pull out your Micro SD Card and read the card with a adapter just to see if there is any files on your SD Card.

Second Option Plug your HERO 5 into your MAC computer and open PHOTO APP to see if the computer can see your Camera and all the files inside if yes than you are in luck.

Third Option RESET your HERO 5 to Factory settings.

Did your HERO 5 works with the QUIK APP on your mobile phone?... can you able to control your HERO 5 from your phone?...

Let us know if any update. 

Highlighted
Nomad

PhotoAPP.jpg

Highlighted
Nomad

First of all Double Check your MAC to see if detects your GoPro HERO Camera, follow the Pics.

1 copy.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

If your MAC can see your GOPRO than you need to give permission to accept the Quik App in order to WORK Proper with Camera and App.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I have latest camera firmware installed. Memory card has been formated inside the camera.

Mac Photo APP can see and read my camera as well as external card reader.

On iPhone and iPad can normally connect the camera and controll, no issues.

Have tried to connect the camera on a PC with WIN 10, and all worked flawless.

System report can not see my camera.

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 08.08.54.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 08.12.07.png