Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Mac GoPro Player/Exporter returning error "No outputTopVideo and outputBottomVideo"

I have two .360 video files I'm trying to export to 5.6k equirectangular ProRes and they return the error "No outputTopVideo and outputBottomVideo" after 100% export is "complete"

The result is a .mov file that I cannot open in any software and I assume is corrupt.  The file plays just fine in the player but the result of the export is a bad .mov file.  

Any suggestions?  I took around 15 clips, these are the only 2 with issues.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Mac GoPro Player/Exporter returning error "No outputTopVideo and outputBottomVideo"

@grandridge556, sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather a few more details to help further isolate the problem. Can you please post a screenshot of the error message? Does the issue only happen when selecting a specific combination of resolution and codec? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Mac GoPro Player/Exporter returning error "No outputTopVideo and outputBottomVideo"

Sure, @aenriquez here you go:  gopromaxerror.JPG

I've only ever tried ProRes 5.6k because the iMac I'm using has no hardware encoder and exporting to HEVC or h.264 would take too long.  It's important to note that all other clips from the same event export just fine.  

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the exact same issue. Have you figured out a solution?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hey @grandridge556,

It turns out that this issue happened because the video failed to finalize correctly. I've been informed that this can also happen when the SD card isn't fast enough to write all the necessary data onto it. Can you please tell me which SD card you're using with MAX?

If the export failed after it reached 100%, then can you trim a part of the end of the video off, then try exporting once more? I'd be curious to see if that ends up working out for you.

Thanks,

Mowens

Highlighted
Hiker

I am having the same problem. Posted here.  https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Player-Export-Failed-MAX/m-p/510992#/M24...

I'm using an approved SD card.  Samsung EVO select UHS1 / U3.  I did, however, offload the video to an external HDD for editing. 

I tried editing two clips, both failed.  Different codecs do not make a difference.  Export fails about 50% render.

@mariustanya 

Highlighted
GoPro