Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

MEDIA play but no preview. Cant capture pictures

[ Edited ]

When watching media files cant se the preview of them. Also when trying to take a picture of a video it keeps loading but never finish. Im runing on windows 10

my pc is intel core I5 4GB RAM.

1.jpg2.jpg

Thanks

2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: MEDIA play but no preview. Cant capture pictures

Support team told me that the problem is I dont meet the RECOMENDED  SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hello @marceio

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Quik for desktop. Which camera are you using? If the preview gives you only the black thumbnails, how does the play back go? Are yo able to view the actual video or photo? Also, do the thumbnails looks the same when using a different media player?  Have you tried accessing these files through the GoPro App on a mobile device? Do you get the same black preview? 

Try uninstalling and re-installing the Quik app on your computer. If you can also perform a manual update on your camera, that would be helpful. Should the issue persist even after doing the recommended steps, the next path forward would be to get in touch with our Support team. This is so they can offer a more personalized support as the issue maybe associated to particular settings on your computer. You can reach the team through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

Hello @mariustanya, thanks for your help.

I am using a GoPro Hero 4 Silver. The playback works fine. If i click on the vidieo/photo I can watch it. Using windows media player I can see the preview with no black preview. The files are now on the PC so i cant acces them by a mobile device.

I did the uninstalling and re-installing and it didnt fix it.

I will get in contact with the support team. Thank you.

Tourist

Support team told me that the problem is I dont meet the RECOMENDED  SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.