Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

MAX import on Mac

Hi,

How are people getting their .360 files onto their Mac's?

Historically with my Hero7 I've used Quik via USB to grab the originals. With the Max, Quik recognises the Max but only allows to download non 360 files. As such I'm using the mac capture app to grab these.

Seems a bit of a faff and it would be great to either get Quik "see" 360 files and download them, or get Player updated to allow import.

Perhaps my workflow is crap! so I'm open to suggestions!

Hero7

Download original files to Mac via USB and Quik -> Import (copy) into FCPX project (hence FCPX contains a copy of files and is "self contained") -> original files copied to NAS -> FCPX library (new lib+event+project) for each "shoot" copied to NAS once finished and output. Keeps my Mac HDD as purely a "working space".

Max

As above, but import via capture -> Player conversion to equirectangular -> Import into FCPX. Archive .360 files to NAS but not converted ones.

So 2x big killer items for me is direct import and batch render in Player. 

Loving the Max so far though, awesome flexibility to choose your angles and FOV in post 

https://youtu.be/gzeD1SDbTGA

Cheers

Steve

The fantastic Hermes Running jaunt up and down the Thames path between Kingston and Barnes. Second time at the marathon route and knocked a cool 30 mins of m...
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: MAX import on Mac

[ Edited ]

Same as you....

SD card to slot,....because Quik does not see the new files....

copy .360 to folder

Open with VR player

Export to equirectangular ProRes .mp4

Import tto Premier Pro....

Either reform with new GoPro FX Reframe plugin and render

Or keep as VR file and render as VR video

Sheez....it's 2019....