Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

MAX Exporter cannot run.

This is making me literaly mad.

Clicking the app > Timeglass cursor shows for fraction of a secong > Nothing happenes or shows up.
I've tried running it as Administrator, even on a Admin account. Same thing.
Tried deleting, reinstalling, restarting etc etc. Still nothing.

Any real fix for this? I see tonnes of people are having the same problem (read the reviews on the Windows Store!!).

Extra question:
Why can't you guys just release a normal Windows Installer with a good old standalone program? This stuff is basically making the lives of people really really hard. Having to use a phone EVERY time I transfer files is just stupid and extremely slow. It sometimes actually makes me want to get my money back for the camera and get another 360 camera at this point.

PC spec:
Windows 10 Pro. Version 2004
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
2x Intel Xeon E5-2690
32GB 1600MHz ECC
2x GTX 1080 TI SLI

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: MAX Exporter cannot run.

Hello, @thetoillmainn. How are you accessing the files? Is your MAX camera directly connected to your computer? See if inserting the SD card through an adapter will make a difference. 

Does it matter which resolution setting the media that you are trying to access is in? If you are shooting with 3K 50fps/60fps, you will need the GoPro Player for Windows to render the .360 file correctly. You can still use GoPro MAX Exporter for all the 5.6K modes.

Highlighted
Tourist

Do I actually have to connect the camera to the computer for the app to run?

Highlighted
Tourist

The GoPro Player has the exact same problem. Won't launch at all.. and I have tonnes of .360 files archived on my computer. The fact that all software GoPro releases refuse to even launch on any of my machines is insane.. the only software that kinda worked was Quik back when that was "supported"..

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello,@thetoillmainn. The camera does not have to be connected to the computer at all times. The .360 files that you have stored in your computer must be accessible. I just tried opening sample .360 files and both the GoPro MAX Exporter and GoPro Player for Windows allow me to view them. 

If you haven't yet, perform these troubleshooting steps. Let us know how it goes. If you can, please capture screenshots or a short clip showing the issue so we can have a better look at what is going on. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Did you even read what I wrote? The app doesn't run at all.
There is no window popping up when clicking the software's icon.
There is nothing happening at all when I double-click the desktop shortcut.
There is no response from the software at all.
Do you get it now?
The software is broken and won't run!

Did you get it now? And yes, ofc I tried the troubleshooting steps.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @thetoillmainn. This is an unlikely behaviour of the apps. We'd like to gather a few more details to help further isolate the issue. When you try to run/launch the GoPro MAX Exporter or GoPro Player does the app's icon show up on the taskbar? Also, could you please check if the applications are running in the Task Manager? 

Highlighted
Tourist

Nope. It doesn't show on the start menu and it only pops up for about a second in Task Manager, then it disappears.