Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Laptop not detecting GoPro Hero 8

I am trying to import files from my GoPro Hero 8, but my laptop is not detecting it. I have tried the Device Manager fix of updating drivers but it still won't solve the issue.

I need help with this. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Laptop not detecting GoPro Hero 8

I have the exact same problem with my laptop.  My desktop sees and connects to it, but my laptop does not.  Brand new MSI GL659SC, everything up to date...

Highlighted
GoPro

Highlighted
Nomad

i have samme issue, my laptop is new with this configuration: intel core i7 9th gen, 16 gb ram,1tb ssd intel, assus rog strix g531gv, 

when i connect my hero8 black i heard a sound on my laptop but i cant see camera on laptop

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @bonoman. Have you already been able to try the troubleshooting steps suggested on this thread? You may also want to check out these user-shared solutions

Highlighted
Tourist

I solved the problem, returned the brand new hero 8 black for a refund and moved on to something other than GoPro. Got tired of the constant issues, connectivity, battery life, horrible audio (hero 5 session...I have 2, both have same audio problems), and the lack of intelligent support (same ineffective steps no matter who helped) has killed my desire to buy any future GoPro products.