Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Laptop not detecting GoPro Hero 8

[ New ]

I am trying to import files from my GoPro Hero 8, but my laptop is not detecting it. I have tried the Device Manager fix of updating drivers but it still won't solve the issue.

I need help with this. Thanks!

Tourist

Re: Laptop not detecting GoPro Hero 8

[ New ]

I have the exact same problem with my laptop.  My desktop sees and connects to it, but my laptop does not.  Brand new MSI GL659SC, everything up to date...

GoPro

[ New ]
Nomad

[ New ]

i have samme issue, my laptop is new with this configuration: intel core i7 9th gen, 16 gb ram,1tb ssd intel, assus rog strix g531gv, 

when i connect my hero8 black i heard a sound on my laptop but i cant see camera on laptop

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bonoman. Have you already been able to try the troubleshooting steps suggested on this thread? You may also want to check out these user-shared solutions

Tourist

[ New ]
I solved the problem, returned the brand new hero 8 black for a refund and moved on to something other than GoPro. Got tired of the constant issues, connectivity, battery life, horrible audio (hero 5 session...I have 2, both have same audio problems), and the lack of intelligent support (same ineffective steps no matter who helped) has killed my desire to buy any future GoPro products.