Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Lack of support from GoPro......no tele? no live chat?

[ New ]

Hello all,

I had an earlier model of GoPro than I now have which is a 7 silver.  I am able to log in to this gopro.com easily on my devices (iPhone 11 Pro Max, macbook air and imac) but not on the Quick app....I can login and find it easy to use on my iphone.

I am thinking I may have used a different email perhaps for Quick than I did for playeror gp.com....but apparently there is no phone number, no live chat to get my problem resolved????

I think my issues could be straightened out in 10 minutes with some live help.

Does anyone h

GoPro

Re: Lack of support from GoPro......no tele? no live chat?

[ New ]

Hello @spiryflame41455

Please go over these steps:

Click GO in finder and GO TO FOLDER
Then please type  /private/etc/hosts then press Go
Copy the host file on your Desktop. 
Click open the "host" file and put in 127.0.0.1 localhost at the location. Save the File, then put it BACK the same folder it will ask you to replace it.

Relaunch the app and go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

2nd time I've been given those instructions.....when I open the "hosts" file this is what I see.

Exactly what should I change?

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost

Hiker

[ New ]
aragon1006.....please respond
Hiker

[ New ]
WTFO? I've been given those same stupid instructions twice...I post my question and no response although I see aarogon1066 responding to others. I don't think the solution you've offered is the problem. I believe it has more to do with using a prior email or???? If you have a phone number that would be great ... or zoom....or....skype...or text.....or carrier pigeon? I've had this Hero 7 Silver two weeks now and getting more frustrated by the day. I was reluctant to purchase it since I had one before and found the lack of customer service unbearable. I see nothing has changed in that department.
Hiker

[ New ]

UPDATE:  I got someone to call me from GoPro using the mobile app.  First guy had me try everything....just like the aragon1066 here...took hours and nothing worked.  Tried apple support..they said not compatible with big sur on imac ios.....had gopro call me again and got a sharp guy.  gopro quik desktop not compatible with big sur and not supported.  He recommend filmora but it's $60....I'm wondering if anyone uses iMovie?