Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

LRV and THM files staying on SD card

I've sent this in the Camera forum 3 weeks ago but having no reply, I'll try my luck here...

So twice now, I had to reformat my SD card because I couldn't store videos on them anymore. I usually use Quik for Desktop (hence why the post here now) to download AND erase the videos after being copied to my PC. Today, I've put the SD card into my computer and what do I see? 3.3 GB worth of LRV and THM files from just the 8th til today! No wonder after a while I'm running out of space! Is there a way to remove them AT THE SAME time as the videos when they are being uploaded? If not, what's the point of deleting the videos after being uploaded if you're gonna leave low res versions of these videos hanging around on the SD card???

Addemdum from today: My SD card now has 29 GB of .LRV and .THM files on them since November 8.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: LRV and THM files staying on SD card

Hi @sylvaing,

May I know how do you reformat your SD card?

Have you tried reformatting it using your camera?

Or do reformat it using your computer. 

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/SD-Card-Reformat-on-a-Mac-Computer

Those THM and LRV should be deleted after reformatting. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I formated it using the camera. Not sure how that's relevant though. It's the app that when deleting the videos after the upload to the computer that leaves those files there. I can't fine an option in the app to tell it to delete those files when it deletes the uploaded videos.

Edit: Reading your comment again, I never said that a format didn't delete them. That's the problem, you HAVE to format or delete them manually by inserting the card in a computer! When I tell Quik to delete the videos after it uploads them, then is should delete THOSE files as well!

Highlighted
GoPro

Got it. @sylvaing

Looks like the app is only deleting the main file. 

We'll forward that to our team. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Nomad

Thanks for the very quick reply :) Hard to believe I'm the first to report this though...