Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: JavaScript Error - Loading Music

[ New ]

I didn't find any catalog_info.json on my windows 10

The only solution that works for me is to set the current date/time on windows to one month earlier.

Hope it helps.

Tourist

[ New ]

Did you try to enable the visualization  of the hidden files?

I tried this solution only on W10.

Sightseer

[ New ]

yes, already enabled hidden files, but still not able to find the json file :\

Sightseer

Betreff: JavaScript Error - Loading Music

[ New ]

I´m using now Video Editor Windows 10 which comes with the PC for free, as I run out of time going on my French Polynesia Trip and need to get this going now.

Video Editor is not a very comprehensive professional program but gets the job done what I want .

-Cutting Videos

-Add Text

-Music(either fromWindows or your own MP3)

-Publishing Videos.

So I go ahead with this instead of waiting for gopro solving this problem whenever, who knows

Sightseer

Rif.: JavaScript Error - Loading Music

[ New ]

On the harddisk are no files with these names! MusicService.db or catalog_info.json.

Please provide a solution!!!

Sightseer

RE: JavaScript Error - Loading Music

[ New ]

자바 스크립트 에러 이건 좀 심한거 아니요?? 돈주고 결제 했는대 모두 똑같은대

Tourist

[ New ]
worked for me :)
Hiker

[ New ]
Strangely enough, it doesn't work for everyone, I've tried it several times with all possible settings. The program opens, but when I switch to edit mode it closes again immediately.
I have already changed several entries as described with Notepad 199 to the year 2029 and then deleted Musikbase.db. As described above, the result is always the same, the program opens, but then closes again in edit mode

My system.

WIN 10, Hero Black 7

@daza92  schrieb:

[SOLVED]

Go in <YourDrive>:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\GoPro\Music, open the file "catalog_info.json" with a text editor. (like notepad++)

You have to modify the expire date of the music:

Search and replace all expire dates with a future date.

I replaced all this --> "expiry_date": "2021-09-01T00:00:00Z" with this --> "expiry_date": "2029-09-01T00:00:00Z"

Then go in <YourDrive>:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\GoPro\Databases and delete the file "MusicService.db".

Now open quik and everything should work. Smiley Wink

Sightseer

[ New ]

The same is true for the Windows desktop. But first, File Explorer Options must be allowed to show hidden files and folders.
Searchs: File Explorer Options -> Hidden files and folders -> Show hidden files, folders, and drivers

Sightseer

[ New ]
Works perfectly it seems. Error is gone.
Sightseer

[ New ]

aqui o erro continua, assim não vale a pena comprar a nova gopro

Sightseer

[ New ]

Finally following this procedure helped me as well.

The strange thing is that both files "catalog_info.json" and "MusicService.db" exist on my disk but are not found by Windows search function in the file explorer...

Hiker

[ New ]
This is because these are hidden folders and files. So that they are displayed, simply select View in the Explorer, then at the top right Options => Change folder and search options => View => scroll further down and then select Show hidden folders.
Tourist

[ New ]

Grande!!!! Facendo così ora ho risolto solo che la cartella Music scompatta solo 23 musiche di 200, le altre 176 rimangono zip che l'app vede in continuo aggiornamento ma non le scompatta. Che posso fare?

Hiker

[ New ]
Hay 199 entradas que deben cambiarse, la mejor forma de hacerlo es con el programa "Bloc de notas".
Pero tampoco funcionó para mí.
Yo no sé por qué.
Tourist

[ New ]

Ho modificato tutte le date sul json per tutte le canzoni con notepad. Per questo nessun problema. Solo che dopo ciò la cartella Music si è caricata con 200 zip di cui 23 si sono convertiti in cartella che hanno dentro le musiche con i vari tagli di tempo ed i file dat, le altre invece sono rimaste zip e non si sono scompattate. L'app vede solo le 23 scompattate mentre le altre le vede in caricamento.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Anyone who has managed to solve the problem can make a video explaining the process step by step, please, I've tried everything and nothing works
Sightseer

[ New ]
But first, File Explorer Options must be allowed to show hidden files and folders.
Searchs: File Explorer Options -> View -> Hidden files and folders -> Show hidden files, folders, and drivers
Tourist

[ New ]

in explorer, view, select "hidden items" 

c:\users\%username%\appdata\gopro\music\catalog_info.json open with notepad

(or windows, run, "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\GoPro\Music\catalog_info.json" open with notepad)

make the adjustments as mentioned

then in 

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\GoPro\Databases

delete MusicService.db

so if you can't find it, press 'start' 'run' paste C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\GoPro\Music\catalog_info.json and open with notepad

same for the path to the Musciservice.db,

press 'start' 'run' paste C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\GoPro\Databases

Tourist

[ New ]

23 are the "free" songs, while the others are included with the "premium" account.

I don't think that we could have the rights for the other songs.

Tourist

[ New ]

Io sono già abbonato. Su Mobile App ho già tutte le musiche, il problema è solo sul PC.

Tourist

[ New ]

Sur macOS 10.15, le fix du catalog_info.json et reconstruction de DB Ne fonctionne pas.

J'ai l'abonnement premium.

Gopro va m'expliquer comment je place 100 Go de videos sur mon téléphone.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am receiving the "javascript loading music error when attempted to edit in create mode.

I have restarted the program, updated java and rebooted the machine with no success. I can't see anything posted to correct this probllem.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same here, how did you correct this problem?

Tourist

[ New ]
You didn't read good enough. On this page, the solution is posted with all the steps included....
Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you so much Daza!! Worked for me too! Been dealing with this for weeks! Finally a solution

Sightseer

[ New ]
Idem...
C'est vraiment très pénible...
Je paye l'abonnement pour avoir les musiques et pouvoir faire les montages sous Quik...
macOS à jour
Impensable de se passer de l'ordi pour aller faire du montage sur un téléphone !
Vivement que Gopro trouve une solution
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm tired of waiting for GoPro to address this problem and I'm cancelling my subscription today. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Can you post the full details of the file, as mine is not there. And yes I am showing all hidden files and folders. I was thinking i would just create if from scratch, if you can open and post the code.

Tourist

[ New ]

I figured it out. Its not possible to correct file system if you deleted and reinstalled. All you can do is restore and then do as they stated above. It works, kind of. I feel like the app is more slower and glitch from before. 

Tourist

[ New ]

how well does this actually work?

Tourist

[ New ]

Daza92's solution does work!  I had to do it twice but then i saw the files being downloaded into my C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\GoPro\Music location

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have tried this method to fix it, but when I manage to get into the GoPro music folder, the folder is empty so there is nothing for me to be able to open in notes to change dates of?

I've tried the same thing with the database one provided and again, the file is empty. I only just downloaded this app on my new computer, it used to work fine on my old computer. I'm getting really tired of trying different things, all I want to do is edit some videos. Can GoPro please provide a solution that will work for me?!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Es ist doch echt lächerlich langsam. Seit Wochen stehen wir hier mit dem Problem und der Support gibt keine Lösung für uns Anwender aus.

Vor einem Monat konnte ich noch regulär mit meiner Hero 5 Session arbeiten. Mal abgesehen davon das es schon immer schwierig war die Verbindung mit PC ( Win 8 und jetzt Win 10 ) und Camera genauso die Funktverbindung zwischen Camera und Handy (Android) Mal gehts mal gehts nicht.

Aber ich möchte weiter meine Videos weiter bearbeiten und das kann doch nicht so schwierig sein dieses Problem zu lösen. Gerade für die Entwickler der SOftware...also GoPro das ist echt lächerlich mitlerweile.

Mein Abo kündige ich auch wohl besser.

Hiker

[ New ]
I have a question for you, do you have a premium account? Because I have already carried out the steps several times but without success, now I am wondering whether it might be because of whether you have a premium account or not ... the problem may have to do with the fact that the music database with the premium account is larger. ??? ...... is just an idea

I would also be interested in how you changed entries in the catalog file. For me there were 199 entries, I do it with Notepad, how many were there for you?

My system Win10, Hero Black 7
Sightseer

[ New ]
I’m having the same issue, is GoPro just sitting back not doing anything about this?
Tourist

[ New ]
I had Quik on iPhone and I had subscribed on it with appleId for 1 year subscription.
After that in iPhone app I have every music I see in it.
In Windows 10 Software I login with the same username and password I use in iPhone BUT I can download only 23 musics, the others are unavailable. The answer for the same question I resolved here (only for 23 and not for all) is: What you want is impossible to resolve. For GoPro Customer Care, is correct that Quik for desktop has Java error and you can’t use it….. :-(.
Tourist

[ New ]
The desktop software is a legacy program so there's no support for it anymore. There has been rumors that they'll release something similar to the quik app for pc/Mac. But no one knows when.
Tourist

[ New ]

Here is a .rar file with the entire directory of the gopro software, just in case you did a clean install and you lost the music. I have placed them on my google drive. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1na9MHx0pqsOEGOZ3sWZD4ryZ1qwDzNcq?usp=sharing

extract "GoPro.rar" file to the following directory:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local

%username% is your logon info.

just dump files and rewrite. You might need to kill the gopro services as it might lock some of the files from copying. Good Luck.

Tourist

[ New ]

You're an Angel!!! Thank you so much!!! I need only the music folder but, anyway, I've downloaded all.

Is there any reason why some music has a folder dedicated (named as music's name) and its file inside and other music has all the file in the root Music without a dedicated folder?

Tourist

[ New ]

Agree!

The phone is no solution for these file sizes. The data transfer is hours-days. 

Losing interest in GoPro

Sightseer

[ New ]

My third camera will definitly NOT A GOPRO!!! NEVER AGAIN!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Mate, what there's no file "catalog_info.json" in the Music folder?

Sightseer

[ New ]
report it to the better business bureau
Sightseer

[ New ]
importing to cloud and then downloading it still gives me the javascript error message unfortunately so i dont think that would do anything
Sightseer

[ New ]

Please remove spaces from the below 

"expiry_date": "2029-09-01T00: 00: 00Z"

this should look like this 

"expiry_date": "2029-09-01T00:00:00Z"

Sightseer

[ New ]
Please remove spaces from the below 

"expiry_date": "2029-09-01T00: 00: 00Z"

this should look like this 

"expiry_date": "2029-09-01T00:00:00Z"
Sightseer

[ New ]

yo lo he intentado y es imposible. 400 Euros una camara y que pasen estos problemas me parece pesimo 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks a million, it was perfect, thank you very much

Sightseer

[ New ]

If you are on a Mac, make  sure to check also this file in the app folder:

/Applications/GoPro\ Quik.app/Contents/XPCServices/GoProMusicService.xpc/Contents/Resources/Music/catalog_info.json

And do the same edits. You will probably need admin permission to modify this file.