Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Issue with GoPro FX Reframe Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows v1.0.3.97

Hi,

I'm using the GoPro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows and I'm trying to reframe GoPro MAX 360 videos into 1080p 16:9 in Premiere, as shown by Abe Kislevitz in his Reframe 360 video.

With the latest version of the plugin - v1.0.3.97, it results in incorrect renderings, which I explain and demonstrate in this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URBUiPpKJkg

I did not experience this issue with the previous version of the plugin and I also cannot reproduce the issue on a Mac, so this issue is specific to v1.0.3.97 of the Windows version of the GoPro FX Reframe plugin.

Could you please forward this issue report to the GoPro team working on the Gopro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows? Thanks!

Kind regards,

Stefan Asseg

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Issue with GoPro FX Reframe Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows v1.0.3.97

@stefanasseg I commented on the youtube video. You need to create a 1920x1080 HD Sequence at a minimal, you created a DV 720x480 standard definition sequence. FX Reframe was not designed to support less than Full HD.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Issue with GoPro FX Reframe Plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows v1.0.3.97

HDV (1440x1080) is not Full HD (1920x1080.)  1920x1080 is the minimum sequence resolution supported.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having this issue as well.

using the GoPro VR plugin still seems to work ok for me.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @stefanasseg

An update to GoPro FX Reframe was released which resolves the issue with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 not working with our plugin.

Please see https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-FX-Reframe/ta-p/412890

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

That is the version that I am using. 

I've tried deleting the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\GoPro directory and reinstalling with the same results.

Have the problem w/2019 and 2020 version of PP.

Highlighted
Tourist

That does not address my issue at all. I'm already using the latest version - v1.0.3.97. Seems like other people have the same issue, so please have this addressed. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

I think I've figured out the issue.

I have multiple 360 cameras and the footage I am having issues with is not from my Max (but my Garmin virb).

When I uses cineform video from the max, the plugin works just fine (didn't have any mp4 handy to try). The max video I used was from the old converter, I should try running it throught the latest and see if it still works.

Not sure I understand why this is...all of the video is in equirectangular format, and I wouldn't think the plugin would be able to tell the difference.

It would be awesome if you looked into this, as I use multiple cameras and having the same workflow across them all while mixing video would be nice, and it did work until very recently.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yeah, I'm 95% sure that this still worked using the previous version of the GoPro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro for Windows so assume that the issue has been introduced in the most recent version, v1.0.3.97.

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, as GoPro don't seem to fix the issue with their GoPro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere on Windows, don't respond with a solution and also don't offer the GoPro Player for Windows yet, the GoPro MAX is unusable for me at this moment, so I sent it right back to Amazon.

I tried the GoPro Player for Mac for a short time and in addition to the annoyance of having to use a Mac at this time, I find the reframing workflow using the GoPro Player to cumbersome and not fluent enough. I hope GoPro will #1 fix their FX Reframe plugin for Premiere on Windows and #2 make the GoPro Player more powerful and fluent to use.