Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Issue playing videos with Quik for desktop

Hi,

I have an issue playing videos in quik, I can play them but they are not not smooth, they have delays and jumps.

I'm using windows 10 and quick v 2.5.1.462, I can play those videos with the default windows player but not with quick, I noticed that quick drains the cpu when playing videos.

I have a i7 5500u and 8GB RAM.

I tried launching quik with the integrated GPU and with GeForce GPU but no difference. Gpu drivers are up to date.

Do you have a solution for that?

Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Issue playing videos with Quik for desktop

@ghermi - Typically, playback issues like this are due to an issue with the device. If you don't get a response from someone else here, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can try to see if they can make any suggestions that may work with your specific system.

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

@jefft- How can I get in contact with th team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs ? Support channel "Chat Us" will be closed on the 1st of Jan, should I call the team by phone? I don't see any other channel. Thanks.

I thought it was not a device issue because I can play the videos but not within quik.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have exactly the same issue: I can play my GoPro 4K videos perfectly well with Window Media Player, Photo or any other player but they come out choppy with GoPro Quick. I'm using WIndows 10 on a I5 7200 CPU 8GB RAM and SSD Hard DIsk. Any other function in Quick is also terribly slow.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue. The video plays on my Hero5 Black and I can veiw it on my Ipad. When I try to replay the video in Quik on my pc with and Windows 10 it plays for a few seconds, starts to skip and I can hear double audio tracks, then it locks up and says not responding. I reinstalled Quik and that didnt help and running a NVDIA video card and have enough power to run this program. I got this as a gift for Christmas and its really annoying.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same issue, my videos play fine in windows movie player, but are unusable in the quik app for deskop.  The program runs really slow in general, and trying to play any video locks it up.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@ghermi - Yes, if chat is busy or closed, our team can still be reach ed by phone.

Highlighted
Sightseer

same story with i7 6500u and NVidia card on Win10 any other application works fine