Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: Is Go Pro Studio still available?

yeah, I knew it was an older version. I was hoping you could get it installed, and then update it.

Sightseer

I just bought my GoPro last week after watching some tutorials that show how easy it is to edit using STUDIO, but now that I have some footage all I can find is the QUIK version, which appears to be extremely watered down and I have very little control of editing anything, like I had seen in the tutorials. The I bought the PLUS subscription thinking that is where I'd find all the advanced features... wrong. And now I'm readin that Studio isn't even available. I'm extremely dissapointed and not sure what editing software to try next that is easy to use.

Sightseer

We just bought hero 5 black, about 2 weeks ago, after hearing about "GoPro Studio" I found version 2.5 last night.  I must say that it is 100% accurate that Studio is much better than Quik, but it seems that since Studio is not being updated any longer, it is not performing at its best.  When I watch my video on the camera it is fine, but when I start using the editing software, there are lag points or glitches in the video that makes editing a bit difficult.

Sightseer

I'd love to know where I can find the 2.5 version!? Could you share? How does the video look once it is exported? Is there still lag, or is it just the software using lower res to work with it in a quicker view mode? I know illustator and photoshop both have modes like this so you can work with it much easier, but then increase the resulution to full once you output it.

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

FYI, I found this link on a different forum, but it was posted by a moderator.  [Edit: Link Removed]

Hiker

@superwave2556 wrote:

FYI, I found this link on a different forum, but it was posted by a moderator.  [Edit: Link Removed]

haha, and as you can see above, the mods on here go to extreme lengths to remove any links to resources that offer the studio download.

Sightseer

Wow, GoPro, cancelling GoProStudio and replacing it with **bleep**ty Quick, and then removing all the alternative download links to older versions? Which idiot made this call? Seriously, wtf. GoProStudio was great and it took many of us a lot of trial and error to master it, and then you guys just try to wipe it out of existence?

Let me guess: GoProStudio "Fusion" is going to be released soon as a "special advanced GoPro Editing Software", for 49.99USD, am I right? Totally overpriced but essential to fully use your base product, just like the rest of your accesories. **bleep** you guys.

Sightseer

Really no more GoPro Studio??? Ok I’ll dump all my GoPro stuff since I can’t edit my videos.gopro quick sucks!#bringbackstudio