Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Incorrect time on Hero 5 telemetry

I was doing a bit of a test flight using my Karma drone with a Hero5 Black after replacing the rear right arm and 4 props. (Drone ran afoul of a sudden microburst of wind back in February on an otherwise calm windless day.)

The speed, gps, altimeter, G force, and map all worked perfectly fine when I imported, but the time and date make no sense to me what-so-ever.

It was 5:30pm, Pacific time, on 3/4/2019. (Yesterday.) Once imported into GoPro Quik, the displayed telemetry showed 3:45 am, December 17th, 1969.

I checked the time and date settings on the Hero5 Black itself, and they are correct. I cannot find any time and date inside the Karma system itself.

As an experiment, I tried the telemetry data that was saved using the Hero5 WITHOUT the drone earlier in the day when I was using it to see how fast one of my RC cars could go, once again, everything but the time and date was accurate.

The drone has never reached 88 mph, so time travel would appear to be out of the question.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Incorrect time on Hero 5 telemetry

Hi @mathisw87423

Thank you for sharing.

We have received several reports regarding the incorrect date/ time on Quik for Desktop and our team is already working on it.

In the mean time, you can manually change the date and time on your files.

For reference, you may check this article.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Incorrect time on Hero 5 telemetry

Hi @mathisw87423

Thank you for sharing.

We have received several reports regarding the incorrect date/ time on Quik for Desktop and our team is already working on it.

In the mean time, you can manually change the date and time on your files.

For reference, you may check this article.

Thanks!

Ej