Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Importing files from Hero 7 Black

I can connect and import files from my Hero 7 Black to Quik on my MacBook no problem.

But every time I connect the camera to my MacBook, it downloads ALL the files on the card in the camera - not just the new ones I've recorded since the last time I connected the camera.

Is it possible to tell Quik only to download new files or is there a way to manually choose which files I want to download from the camera?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Importing files from Hero 7 Black

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It surprises me that the ability to choose which files to download isn’t included but as you say, there is a workaround which I’ve done once and is fine - just a little bit more laborious than I would like.

Maybe selective importing will be available in future.

Best wishes,

Mark

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@livelyflar0752, at this time, selective import in Quik for Desktop isn't an available feature. Eventually, the app will start importing everything that's currently in your SD card when you click on "Import Files" button.

As a workaround, you can use an SD card reader/adapter to connect your microSD card to your computer. Then, manually import your new files by creating a Media Folder using ADD MEDIA button.

So, what I usually do is I manually copy the new files from the SD card onto a folder in my computer and then set a Media Folder in Quik for Desktop to locate the copied files. Check out this article article for more information about this process.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It surprises me that the ability to choose which files to download isn’t included but as you say, there is a workaround which I’ve done once and is fine - just a little bit more laborious than I would like.

Maybe selective importing will be available in future.

Best wishes,

Mark