Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Imported Media has date in 1919 and won't show up in Quik Desktop

Took some videos on my Hero 7 last night and this morning when I imported them into Quik they loaded onto my computer but won't open in the Quik desktop app. I think the problem is that my date was off on the GoPro so it time stamped the date on all of the media as December of 1919... I am able to open the videos using my standard windows app but Quik won't recognize them.

Other info:

- I am running Windows 10

- I tried editing the date manually on the files but they are read only

- I made sure they are in the correct folder to be recognized by Quik. Other videos with correct time stamps that are in the same folder are working fine

- I deleted the videos from my camera using Quik after they were imported

- Quik gave me a notification when I first plugged in my camera that it was going to update the time on my device because it was off

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Imported Media has date in 1919 and won't show up in Quik Desktop

Hi @adamd4578

Using File Explorer, are you able to locate the folder where the files are?

Try to copy it to a different location(Ex. Desktop). Rename the folder then add it to Quik for Desktop as a media folder.

For reference, you may check this article: How to Add Media Folders in Quik for Desktop

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @adamd4578

Have you tried going over the bottom of your Media page?

Check on the files with the oldest date and see if these are the files you are looking for.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Yes, I have tried going to the bottom of the media page. None of the videos are there or in the recents page.

I also used windows powershell to change the creation dates of some of the files between now and when I posted the question. That didn't change anything

GoPro

Hi @adamd4578

Using File Explorer, are you able to locate the folder where the files are?

Try to copy it to a different location(Ex. Desktop). Rename the folder then add it to Quik for Desktop as a media folder.

For reference, you may check this article: How to Add Media Folders in Quik for Desktop

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej