05-24-2019 11:15 AM
Quik for Desktop will import everything in the SD card in your GoPro camera. However, this should not duplicate the files that were already imported / existing in the application. For example, the media contents in the SD card that were taken and imported to Quik for Desktop yesterday will no longer be included when you import newly captured files today.
In case you only want to select certain files in the SD card to import, I suggest that the best way is to manually import the files via SD card reader / adapter. In this process, you will setup a Media Folder in your computer and Quik for Desktop will only import the files that are saved in that folder. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how you can go around doing this process:
- Create a new folder in your computer. This will be the new location of the files you want to import onto Quik for Desktop.
- Connect the SD card to your computer using an SD card reader / adapter. **Quik for Desktop may open once SD card is detected by the application. Do not import the files.
- Open the root drive of the SD card through File Explorer (Windows) or Finder Folder (Mac). Then select the certain files you want to import, and copy them onto the newly created folder in your computer.
- Open Quik for Desktop. Click the ADD MEDIA button button in the upper left-hand corner of the Media Library. This displays a window that says, “LET’S FIND YOUR GOPRO MEDIA”.
- From there, click on the ADD FOLDER button, and browse to the location where the new folder containing your GoPro content resides. NOTE: You cannot select the root of a hard drive as a Media Folder. Only actual folders may be selected as Media Folders and you can only select one at a time.
- After selecting a folder, the Quik for Desktop application begins scanning the files in that folder and adds the media to the library. The Alert Icon indicates that the process has begun and will display an alert message when scanning is complete.
Hopefully this helps.
05-24-2019 11:50 AM
Hello, this is very helpful! But the issue I am running into now is that when I click import it re-imports all the files that are on the desktop app even if they are deleted off of the camera. I currently only have photos from May 24, 2019, on my camera but when I import it does everything since I have started using the desktop app.
05-24-2019 12:30 PM
@foggyvista26834, I find it strange that Quik for Desktop will still import the files that are already deleted on non-existent in the SD card. Just to clarify, are you saying that after you connect your GoPro camera or SD card to your computer and select "Import Files" on Quik for Desktop, there are a bunch of footage (includes contents way back since you started using the desktop app) showing under "Media" section?
"Media" section in Quik for Desktop will display all footage (previously and newly) imported to the app, unless you manually delete them off your computer or in the application. If you go to "Recent" section, the app will display the most recently added media.
Are you missing the files that were recently captured? See if the date associated to the media files are correct. You can scroll through the media files in Quik for Desktop and check if the photos or videos are just dated incorrectly. Quik sorts out the contents based on the date they were taken.