Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

I have a hero 3 and just downloaded quik. I imported my files but there are issues.

[ New ]

Some of the files won't play properly (ffwd or no video just sound.  I can't share them on youtube or facebook.  what happened?

GoPro

Re: I have a hero 3 and just downloaded quik. I imported my files but there are issues.

[ New ]

@rockydawn7823, what's the video resolution used on the clips having issues with the playback?

Do you get the same problem with the playback when viewing them directly on your computer? You can open the exact location of the file following these steps:

1. Select the media file along with the thumbnail viewer.
  2. Right-click on the thumbnail.
  3. Select the option "Show in Finder (Mac)" or "Show in Explorer (Windows)" then a new Finder or Explorer window will appear detailing the exact location of the selected file.

Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

Re: I have a hero 3 and just downloaded quik. I imported my files but there are issues.

[ New ]

I try to open the pictures files on Quik and it says the code execution can not proceed because pthreadVC2.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.  I'm not sure why this happened or how to fix it without losing the shared data.

GoPro

[ New ]

@rockydawn7823, missing "pthreadVC2.dll" component is related to a Windows problem. I suggest contacting Microsoft for further assistance on this error.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Yeah I'm still working on it.  Uggh.  Thank you for the help.