Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

I have a Hero 5 Black. won't import from SD card into Quick pro

[ Edited ]

I have a Hero 5 Black. When I connect to GoPro Quick, the camera is recognozided, but it says the SD card has 0 GB Capacity but 0% used.  It will not let me import any of videos.  I have tried reformatting the SD card, but no difference.  Videos are visible within Camera.  I have downloaded latest update to Quick Pro and for the Hero 5.  Any help?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: I have a Hero 5 Black. won't import from SD card into Quick pro

I have exact same problem with 2 cameras   both HERO 6 Black :(

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 00.01.25.png
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I have tried reformating SD card, using an SD card reader, changing SD cards and every other manner of fixes shown on site.  I haven't used the camera for about a year as I only use it for scuba diving and at that time it worked fine.  I wonder if it is a problem with Mac OS, or updates to quick pro.  Other than manually moving files from SD card to folder on Mac, I can't see any other way of downloading videos and photos.  Makes me want to toss the thing into the ocean.  If anyone has any other ideas, it would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @redvista08078 and @royalwave30654. To verify, you are using Quik for desktop, right? Are your cameras updated to the latest firmware version? If you haven't yet, we recommend manually updating the camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

It is also important that your computer is running on the latest operating system. We tested with a Mac running on Catalina 10.15.2 and both HERO5 Black and HERO6 Black cameras were recognized, including their media. 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

yes all software is up to date

IMG_5231.PNG
Highlighted
Tourist

I am running Catalina 10.15.2.  I have updated Quick Pro for Desktop and I have updated firmware for my GoPro first with the Mobile App Quick on my iPhone and then manually using an SD card reader and uploading the firmware from your website and followed your installation instructions.

Didn’t make a difference

Highlighted
Sightseer

It is an issue with Catalina and GoPro, it is all over the forums. Hopefully gets fixed soon, until then I manualy transferred them over using a MicroSD reader for my Mac.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks.  That is what I expected.  As you said hopefully someone will figure out a fix and let us all know