Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

I cannot use Gopro Quik on MacBook Air 2020.

Create mode is not available. When I clicked create button, freeze or system down.
I am very in trouble. Please tell me the solution.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: I cannot use Gopro Quik on MacBook Air 2020.

Hi @masahiros541,

Please make sure that the file you're editing is not an HEVC file. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

Please visit that website to know more about HEVC file.

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Not HVEC file.

System down before click any file.

I selected "Create" switch.

スクリーンショット 2020-03-29 3.24.49.png
Highlighted
GoPro

@masahiros541, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed.

Additionally, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here that will help: Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

Highlighted
Tourist

I have already done all os updates. The graphics card is intel iris plus graphics. My Mac does not have NVIDIA, ADM.
Highlighted
Tourist

Your Macbook Air show GPU hardware reset. There might be a .gpuRestart log file in the console app's logs options. This is a common problem after the last update. I used to edit in Final Cut Pro X, but due to the same reason, fcpx freezes, shows glitches and exits ( sometimes system is frozen and requires hard shutdown). I have spend almost 40 days searching for the solution. 

You wont find this problem anywhere in the internet except at this site.

https://mrmacintosh.com/2020-002-update-causes-some-macs-to-freeze-when-using-hw-accelerated-video/?...

I thought it was a hardware problem in my GPU. But I guess many people have similar problem with various apps. I would be glad if you ll text me back if you ll find some solutions or when your problem is fixed. I too am undergoing similar problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I am going through the same exact problem with Create in Quik and all other video editing apps like fcpx, imovie, etc. .gpuRestart log files in the console.
Have you found any solutions?
Downgrading didnot help for me. The problem persists. So, it might be in the firmware update in 10.15.4!